Dive Rite RG1208 1st stage service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Sticker shock!! :shocked2: Got a used 1st stage from another member. As always, I get it serviced. My LDS, which is excellent to me, made it clear DR is a touchy manufacturer and most places will send in their products. Turns out, it cost $75 for an annual service for JUST a 1st stage (which is what it cost to buy)!! Same LDS services my hole set (Legend LX 1st & 2nd with Apeks TX40 octo) for about the same price. Lesson learned. I won't own it by the time it's due again.

Learn a better lesson, your LDS either BSing you or has no clue. A DR is almost exactly the same as a Apeks inside. Same parts, same repair procedure. The cost to repair them should be exactly what any other reg is. Depending on the shop, somewhere in the $20-35 plus parts is going rate for pretty much any first stage. And exactly what is "touchy"? DR is one of the few companies that openly sell divers reg parts and has for years.

Why not service the reg yourself and only spend about $30.00.
You can buy the kits online for about $30.00, and go to the Dive Rite web site and down load the manual. You could also use the HOG D1 service kit , and it only would cost you $20.00
The reg is easy to rebuild, and this way you know how your gear works.
Or better yet, send it to me and I will do it for $60.00.

Jim breslin

Considering my LDS serviced/adjusted a second stage I bought on here for free AND looked over the other 2nd and 1st stage whil they were at it, gave me the O2 provider course for free, gave me a GREAT deal on a rescue course and often comps air fills or charges me the "fill card" rate without having to buy the card, I'm not ditching the LDS. Because they choose to call DR touchy about it and/or simply not service them, no biggie. They've done excellent work at awesome prices on my TX40 and Legend. Plenty of other good brands out there for me to use that they will work on.

One of these days I'll learn how to service regulators. However, my other set (1st & both 2nd stages) runs about $100 total for servicing. I can tolerate that. $75 for just a 1st I cannot.

If you want Dive Rite regs, you should get them from Scubatoys.
I just had them service my Dive Rite Hurricane reg 1st stage, second stage , octo and spg all for $49.99 total with parts included. (note that I purchased this reg set up from them )

Jim Breslin

If you want Dive Rite regs, you should get them from Scubatoys.
I just had them service my Dive Rite Hurricane reg 1st stage, second stage , octo and spg all for $49.99 total with parts included. (note that I purchased this reg set up from them )

Jim Breslin

Thanks for the tip. However, I'm not looking for DR regs. Just happened to get this 1st stage thinking I'd use it for a pony or something. I'll check with them if I have it long enough to need servicing again.

My LDS does the service for $45 and this includes the kit. Purchase of the kit seperately is $30.

Your LDS just doesn't like Dive Rite for some reason.

My LDS does the service for $45 and this includes the kit. Purchase of the kit seperately is $30.

Your LDS just doesn't like Dive Rite for some reason.

Guess we're just lucky, aren't we? :wink:

[SIZE=+1]Regulator Maintenance Service[/SIZE]
DR_Logo-50.jpg
SVC1ST Maintenance Service, Dive Rite First Stage In Stock $45.00
DR_Logo-50.jpg
SVC2ND Maintenance Service, Any Dive Rite Second Stage In Stock $45.00

The price includes all labor and the appropriate Dive Rite factory periodic service parts kit for each stage

...Same LDS services my hole........

I think your "Freudian slip" actually sums up the experience you had with your LDS and this first stage :D

$75 was steep for service on a single stage.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom