Dive Rite Regs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iscuba once bubbled...
Does anyone have any experience with the Dive Rite regulators?

I have a second. It's a good breather and a quality reg.

...well, one of my LDS's sells them, and they swear by them (and dive them themselves)...however, the most recent mother-of-all-reg-reviews by Rodales gave them a pretty low score, if you look at the table where they award 'points' the Dive-rite regs scored poorly.

I've never dove them, so I can't say anything either way.

Karl

The things they gave it poor marks for wre insignificant. Things like a minimalistic owners manual and the pre-dive switch not being clearly marked. It got good marks for being easy to clear and breathing well in a simming position.

I use them for my singles rig, and I have a deco bottle setup.

They breathe great, they are easy to service, they take a beating and keep on going. Easy to get parts.

The balanced RG2000 breathes at least as well as my MK25/S600. Much easier to disasemble and clean.

Really good regs.

There is another company (Oceanic??) that sells a clone of them for less.

Peter

That's good to hear ... I've ordered an RG2000 which should be here any day now.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I bought the 2000 two months ago and I love it. I used it for the first time in Aruba last month and it was great -- easy to breathe even when my tank was low. In one dive we had to fight a strong current to get back to the boat and the reg performed like a champ. In fact, I didn't even think about it until I was back on the boat and realized how well it had performed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom