Dive Rite rebreather - Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
That's the advantage of using existing products, even they need to be modified.
The Hammerhead was sorted out, but software got the PIN# and optional trimix (rather than stock trimix), hardware will get all new metal handsets.

Scrubber was either modified with a new end cap, or is a new one, but the size specs for the cartridge and Dolphin/Azi cannister are known so even that would be fairly easy to achieve.

Don't know if Micropore does the actual cannister production and assembly, but Juergensen builds the HH. Farming out some of the production/sub assembly eases production setup.

I doubt anyone outside DiveRite/Farallon/Juergensen has as the new handsets aren't delivered yet afaik.

Spoke to Kevin.. I should be getting the new handsets to test dive for him shortly.. There will be only one type of software so all handsets will be the same.. nothing special for DR...

padiscubapro:
Spoke to Kevin.. I should be getting the new handsets to test dive for him shortly.. There will be only one type of software so all handsets will be the same.. nothing special for DR...
Do HH for other units come with trimix PIN standard?
My understanding is that this was the case before, don't remeber ever reading that you had to pay $300 on top of the $3,000 nor that there was a nitrox only version for $300 less.

caveseeker7:
Do HH for other units come with trimix PIN standard?
My understanding is that this was the case before, don't remeber ever reading that you had to pay $300 on top of the $3,000 nor that there was a nitrox only version for $300 less.

SO far Kevin hasn't said that the trimix pin for HH will be extra, BUT it will now only be activated for those with the proper training..

Back
Top Bottom