Dive Rite Nomad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xdeep butt dump definitely requires some trim change to get the absolute last bit out.

A wing with both butt and side dump would be nice, just a little roll to dump. The SumpUK does.
Apekz does butt and side. I only ever use the butt though.

1705714473905.png
xdeep is butt and....semi-side? relative to apeks :D I swear if dive-rite dump was on the right I wouldn't even be here discussing this.

Amazing these things, I think they were invented quite some time ago so people don't remember

dx-202818_1a.jpg

Perhaps understanding of their incredible versatility, in all applications, has been lost to the fashionistas

Not cool anymore like me, my steel coloured hair was getting in the way of my drysuit fitting yestrerday
neck seal, so I yell at them to leave my wonderful golden coloured locks alone, "Think I'm going to cry!"

"Hey you, hey happy-diver, get yourself out of sidemount, quick!!!!"

Apekz does butt and side. I only ever use the butt though.

Apex has no internal baffles and turns into a beach ball.

Xdeep butt dump definitely requires some trim change to get the absolute last bit out.

A wing with both butt and side dump would be nice, just a little roll to dump. The SumpUK does.
Can confirm. I’ve been using a Stealth 2.0 Classic for warm water SM and you definitely have to go head-low to get it to dump all the way. Hasn’t been a huge issue, but I suppose it could be under the wrong circumstances.

Apex has no internal baffles and turns into a beach ball.

Can confirm, literally was using my Apeks 25 today. I do not like its shape when mostly inflated. It does have internal baffles of some kind , they just don’t work well. I have mine on a home built harness that keeps it pulled taught, it helps but my nomad Ray is definitely better. I’m only diving my Apeks because I need the redundant buoyancy and I’m too cheap to buy the redundant bladder for my Ray. I normally dive dry, but im on a trip so I pulled out the only redundant sm wing I have. I want very badly to like my Apeks but my Ray (and my k2) just holds the shape better.

To the OP, sounds like you’ve made up your mind, just get the stealth and be done with it.

Can confirm. I’ve been using a Stealth 2.0 Classic for warm water SM and you definitely have to go head-low to get it to dump all the way. Hasn’t been a huge issue, but I suppose it could be under the wrong circumstances.

Tech requires the same break in trim.
I also have a Classic wing I have yet to dive which is waiting for me to build a harness for it. I expect it won't be as streamlined with heavier tanks.

I wonder if a dump valve could be added to the opposite side inflator inlet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom