Dive Rite Nomad, Oxycheq Wing, Miflex Hose, Bolt Snaps, SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bamamedic

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere between "hold my beer and watch this!" a
# of dives
200 - 499
1. A nearly new Dive Rite Nomad. Modular Nomad (not the newer EXP), that some actually prefer because you can change out the wing if it tears or substitute a bigger harness if you need a larger one.

Size medium, with a 60lb wing. Some minor modifications - the epaulets on both sides have been cut off and on the left side it was replaced with some bungee for the inflator hose - two 1lb black vinyl weights have been added to each shoulder - one d-ring has been removed from each side, so there's only one D-ring on each shoulder instead of two - the 13 inch bungees have been modified with a sort-of bungee extension (can be removed w/out damaging the original bungees in any way). The webbing has also been trimmed...still a lot of slack as the photos show, but you can always use a bigger Transpac harness if you need one.

Only been used on about 10 dives, and has some very minor wear...some ground-in limestone here and there, and a couple of scratches on the inflator hose elbow. Was purchased new from Edd at Cave Adventurers in October of 2009. I liked it; it just turns out that I prefer my tried-and-true backmount...and don't have a whole lot of time to tweak a new system since I'm a college student again

I'll include the two extra D rings and weight keepers...AND, if you pay the listed price, I'll include the two gigantic bolt snaps (I bought 'em for the cylinders), free of charge.

This system is $550 at Edd's...plus the bungees are $20 apiece, and the bolt snaps $10 each...but I'd be happy to let it go for $350 plus shipping (or best offer...feel free to PM me). The "sidemount kit" needed to change a Transpac to a Nomad is $509 at Cave Adventurers..., so even if you need a bigger harness, you're still getting a pretty good deal.

2. Oxycheq 42 lb wing. This is a much loved wing that has been on every adventure with me for the past year, but it's been replaced with a 55lb wing and not needed any more. It's got some wear here and there (a bit of ground in limestone...some scratches on the inflator hose elbow), but it's still got a ton of life left in it. Still holds air just fine. Asking $150 plus shipping OBO.

3. Miflex 26 inch hose. Bought it for sidemount; don't need it now. In like-new condition. $25 plus shipping OBO. SOLD

4. Right angle adaptor for LP hose. Hardly used, just like the rest of my sidemount stuff. $49 at Dive Gear Express...asking $25 plus shipping OBO. SOLD

5. Two bolt snaps
...these are the X-large ones, purchased from Dive Gear Express in October...like new. Asking $10 OBO for both of them, plus shipping.

6. One 1 1/2 inch Dive Rite SPG.
This SPG has been well loved...some scratches on the face that disappear underwater. No leaks. Comes with HP spool. $45 OBO plus shipping. SOLD

All the various pics are here: ScubaBoard Gallery - For Sale: February 2010
(smiley faces not included)

Accepting cash, check, and PayPal....can deliver to Marianna or Ponce De Leon this month.

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom