• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive Rite Nitek Q screw dimensions

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by v-v, Sep 14, 2018.

1. v-v

v-v Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Hello,

so, to post a (quite delayed) update on this topic:

I've also asked Dive Rite and they replied super-promptly:
    The 1/8 part looked kinda strange so what I ordered (from a US eBay store, the only place where I was able to find them) was:

#4-40 x 1/4" Flat Head Socket Caps Screws 82° Countersunk Alloy Steel Black

And they are exactly the screws I needed to replace the one I damaged:
    EBU65FZ.png

Thank you once again guys and especially thank you to the people at Dive Rite for caring about us, end-users, and promptly giving us the technical specifications to make small repairs without having to ship the computer to the USA for one little screw :)

2. Ghetto Diver

Ghetto Diver Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Glad you got it sorted.
    I use the Thread Pitch app and find it to be very helpful, and accurate.

v-v likes this.
  3. JMBL

JMBL Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Thanks a lot for the update.

v-v likes this.
  4. SoFlaDiver954

SoFlaDiver954 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Thanks for the update! OP actually came through!

v-v likes this.
  5. JMKeupp

JMKeupp Garibaldi

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Did an internet search and found this thread. I wanted to piggy back off it if I could. I have an old Nitek 3, I know I know but I don't dive enough anymore to justify upgrading/updating. It has stripped screw heads, and I cannot figure out what the replacement would be and emailing Dive Rite direct was no help. Anyone have past experience replacing these screws or have a dead Nitek 3/He they'd be willing to part out?

6. JMBL

JMBL Solo Diver

Hi !

It seems it's time to change a button on my Nitek Q, left one though, not the right one like you. I've got the spare button, I'm expecting by mail a 1/16" hex key, but I still need some info : there's nowhere I can find a tuto (video or written) about the right procedure, not even on DiveRite's homepage.

I was wondering if you could explain how you did change the button on your computer.

Thanks and dive safe.

7. JMBL

JMBL Solo Diver

Here's a link to a video explaining how to change the buttons and install a bungee mount.

8. v-v

v-v Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Hi, I'm late as I wanted to unscrew it and take a picture for you but you were faster :D

The buttons are external and you only need to unscrew the back panel to replace them. Here is the picture I took:
    0MkqPnW.png

For us Europeans it's just important to use a 1/16 imperial key and not a 2mm one as I did, which resulted in a damaged screw.

Hope it helps :)

JMBL likes this.
  9. JMBL

JMBL Solo Diver

Helps a lot ! Thanks. Putting back the springs was a bit tricky, they tend to jump at the worst moment, but now my computer is working perfectly. Had to wait a whole week to get the hex key from the UK, it was the longest part of the job.

v-v likes this.