Dive Rite Mini Wreck Light w/ 10W HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Does anyone use this light? I am very interested in learning more about this particualr light. At a local LDS they sell this light for a very good price ($375.00 US). I'm trying to talk myself into a reason for buying it.:D Right now I'm doing strictly rec diving with a single tank. Do I really NEED a light like this with this much power? I like the whole idea behind canister lights with rechargable batteries and having the light attached to your hand with a Goodman handle. Just not so if I'm jumping the gun with this type of high tech light. Any help and opinons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance=-)

Need is relative. Do you want it? Buy it. It will give you an excuse to take a wreck diving class and get into some of those great East Coast wrecks. Good Luck!

Matt

I dont know if its the same light I have or not, (Wreck 1 canister w/ 10w HID lamp), but after seeing my friends 10W HID in the water, I decided that was the way to go. It's lighter, easier to handle, way more light. And one other thing about canisters; they stay with you, becoming almost invisible on your harness, backplate, or however you mount them.

Even if I were to stay in the Rec circle, I still would have bought it.

BTW, my King Pelican now sees duty in back of my truck!

Will never go back to a hand held unit.

Hallmac

taat2d once bubbled...

I'm trying to talk myself into a reason for buying it.:

You are a diver. Divers *need* things. There, that was easy huh?

No, IMO you don't need a canister light for rec diving. But, as has been pointed out, it does make a very good light. I have the Wreck 1/MR11 HID and think its a very good light. However, the 13 degree bulb sucks; get the 6 degree.

MD

WOW :D :wink: :eek:ut:

This was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally some right minded people telling me EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!!!!!!!!

Now if I could only get my wife to do that:rolleyes:

Guess I'll be runnig out to but my new toy this weekend.....

Anyone know the burm times on the Wreck 1 and the Mini Wreck canisters?

Hey Cadet Diver thanks alot for that link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom