Dive Rite LT6324 battery for slimline can

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a spare LT6324 battery for my Dive Rite slimline can. Obviously I want one in good working order.

Looking for a spare LT6324 battery for my Dive Rite slimline can. Obviously I want one in good working order.
If I was you, I would just buy a new battery from batteryspace.com. They have a 12V NiMH with 4500 mah for $48. This way you know it's new and hasn't been mistreated.

If I was you, I would just buy a new battery from batteryspace.com. They have a 12V NiMH with 4500 mah for $48. This way you know it's new and hasn't been mistreated.

x2

I just bought one of their batteries for my Dive Rite canister light. The battery works great and their service is good.

x2

I just bought one of their batteries for my Dive Rite canister light. The battery works great and their service is good.

thanks for the info! What did you do for the connectors needed for the light head, and charger?

thanks for the info! What did you do for the connectors needed for the light head, and charger?

I have the "wreck" light with the big canister. This is the battery that I got:

Customize 12V 9.0Ah NiMh pack with open end wire for Dive Light

...of course it's too big for you canister but they have one made just for your can.

As for the plug, go to any auto parts store and ask for a 2 wire trailer plug. It will look like this:

Amazon.com: Pico - 2-Way Trailer Connector (0710PT): Automotive

I soldered and shrink wrapped mine but crimp connectors would work too.

HTH

I think that this is the one that you need but please do your own research. I would hate to give bad advise.

NiMH Battery Pack 12V 4500mAh (50Wh 10x4/3AF ) for DIY Diving light: HID / Halogen

and unless you already have a charger for a NIMH battery you will also need:

Multi-Current Universal Smart Charger for 9.6V - 18V NiMH Battery Packs (Tamiya Plug) , UL Listed

Which I also bought.

again hope this helps, I did tons of reading before buying.

You can ask them to put them in for you. I think DR uses what's called a "trailer plug". They charge a few extra $$ for this.

I think that this is the one that you need but please do your own research. I would hate to give bad advise.

NiMH Battery Pack 12V 4500mAh (50Wh 10x4/3AF ) for DIY Diving light: HID / Halogen

and unless you already have a charger for a NIMH battery you will also need:

Multi-Current Universal Smart Charger for 9.6V - 18V NiMH Battery Packs (Tamiya Plug) , UL Listed

Which I also bought.

again hope this helps, I did tons of reading before buying.

Thanks to all!!! It was definitely a huge help. Got out for the first shore dive of the year on Saturday and my primary battery is I think officially dead. I charged it on Friday night and got like 10 mins out of it in the water :banghead: I thought I could crimp a new connector on the leads, but glad to hear it confirmed. Guess I may be buying 2 batteries now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom