Dive Rite Liftbag, in regards to DIR attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will, if you want to DIR then don't bungee it to your plate... either put it in the backplate pocket or like I do put it in your right thigh pocket with your spool. You will have your spare mask ect. in your left pocket.

Uncle Pug:
Will, if you want to DIR then don't bungee it to your plate... either put it in the backplate pocket or like I do put it in your right thigh pocket with your spool. You will have your spare mask ect. in your left pocket.

Just out of curosity, whats wrong with a bungee across the plate (from one side to the other) and it under that, it's in the same place as if there was the plate pocket, which I took off because I thought it was causing my neck seal to leak, after removing it, I haven't had a leak since...

I only have a right pocket right now too, and all it currently has in it, is my slate (normal slate) wet notes (not currently in there, as I ran out of double enders), tables, shears... and that's about it... I know the pocket can't be much smaller than say the Halcyon or Fifth D pockets, but if I put my sausage, or Spool in there, it's dang full, let alone TRY and fit my lift bag in there... just by looking at it, without trying, it looks like the lift bag would consume the entire pocket, leaving no room for slate, tables, etc.

I might try putting the plate pocket back on, and see if I have problems... might loosen the harness too... last 2 dives this weekend, I couldn't get my stupid right D-Ring for some reason... nothing moved... I dunno what the deal was there.

BTW, my only thinking as to WHY the pocket cause my suit to leak, is the friction... my guess is when I wiggle my way into the harness, the suit and pad have enough friction they basically grab each other, and as I get into the plate, it then pulls down on my suit, and neck seal allowing the ocean to seap in slowly.

WillAbbott:
the pocket cause my suit to leak, is the friction... my guess is when I wiggle my way into the harness, the suit and pad have enough friction they basically grab each other, and as I get into the plate, it then pulls down on my suit, and neck seal allowing the ocean to seap in slowly.
First thing I do on the way down is stretch my arms and legs out and get everything situated.

Put your plate pocket back on an give it a few more tries. As for bungee across the plate with your bag stuffed under it between your back and the plate... sooner or later your bag will snag on one of the wing nuts and possibly tear.

Uncle Pug:
First thing I do on the way down is stretch my arms and legs out and get everything situated.

Put your plate pocket back on an give it a few more tries. As for bungee across the plate with your bag stuffed under it between your back and the plate... sooner or later your bag will snag on one of the wing nuts and possibly tear.

Will do.

Didn't think about the snag factor... that actually happened on deployment #3, I felt it snag, and stopped pulling, then reached ALL the way up under the plate, physically grabbed the whole bag, and slid my hand out.

Put a boltsnap on my OxyCheq SMB last night - at first I played with just threading the webbing through the eye of the boltsnap, but I could never get it "neat" enough for my liking. So I fiddled about for a while, and came up with this method, which is simple enough for attaching a boltsnap to enable the bag to be clipped off to a D-ring, or to shoot a yellow emergency SMB up an existing deco line - I wouldn't try using this method for a liftbag actually being used to lift stuff.

Basically I poked a loop of webbing through the (large) eye of the boltsnap, and used caveline with a melted reef knot to keep the loop in place. I rotated the cave line loop to keep the knot out of sight, and meet my "neat" requirements (!), and then pulled the whole thing tight. I like the results :)

Thanks for these pictures. I'm going to use this configurgation.

Scubaroo:
Put a boltsnap on my OxyCheq SMB last night - at first I played with just threading the webbing through the eye of the boltsnap, but I could never get it "neat" enough for my liking. So I fiddled about for a while, and came up with this method, which is simple enough for attaching a boltsnap to enable the bag to be clipped off to a D-ring, or to shoot a yellow emergency SMB up an existing deco line - I wouldn't try using this method for a liftbag actually being used to lift stuff.

Basically I poked a loop of webbing through the (large) eye of the boltsnap, and used caveline with a melted reef knot to keep the loop in place. I rotated the cave line loop to keep the knot out of sight, and meet my "neat" requirements (!), and then pulled the whole thing tight. I like the results :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom