Dive Rite Hinged Buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought them from the website. The pro is that you set them up once and you don't need to adjust them. The con is that it's difficult to adjust them on the fly. I still have them (was planning on selling them on ebay). I actually ordered the dive rite SS cam straps (the most expensive ones -- 30 a piece?). Pricey, but very nice...

i use the scubapro design that looks similar to those, when diving singles. It is easy to adjust for any size tank as i switch back and fourth between LP 104's to all the aluminum sizes depending on what's going on. i just lay the tank on the backplate and single tank adaptor, lay the pin on the buckle in its place, adjust the velcro for a moderate fit, and then fold the buckle over tight. It locks up like a vise and will never let go. I have 2 on the plate and they work great, you don't even have to get them wet as they cinch down so hard. but they are easy to release as well. If your staying with the same take size there is no fumbling around as they stay set for whatever the last size you used. They were expensive but the best ive used and seen, all stainless and very heavy duty. I got mine from FredT when i ordered my plate.

good luck

kurt

Back
Top Bottom