Dive Rite fins or Hollis F1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris21

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. I am getting back into the sport. I am considering buying a new set of blades but am not sure which I should get. I would like something with spring straps as I do a lot of cold water diving, and donning and removing fins with 5mm gloves can be a pain. I have narrowed down my search, but am open to new ideas as well.

Here is what I have narrowed the search to; Dive Rite fins w/ spring straps or Hollis F1's. Any advise would truly helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

Well, I have used both and they are both great fins. Either fin you should be abel tofind in your size. The F1s are much heavier however as they are a rubber or a similar material while the jets are a composite. The Dive Rite Fins are also slightly longer then the Hollis - but both provide great propulsion and maneuverability. The F1s allow tow settings on the spring straps - so if you switch between booties and rock boots or similar - it might be of interest to you. The F1 is excellent quality - and an awesome fin - however for me, the weight I save with the dive rite or others is worth the difference, IMO of course!

Thanks for the input Will. One thing that I forgot to mention is that I would like to eventually purchase a drysuit. Would both of these fins be able to adjust to a thicker boot? Based on your reply it sounds like the Hollis fins might be a better fit for me. Just not sure.

Thanks for the input Will. One thing that I forgot to mention is that I would like to eventually purchase a drysuit. Would both of these fins be able to adjust to a thicker boot? Based on your reply it sounds like the Hollis fins might be a better fit for me. Just not sure.

Well, it depends. Both fins are definitely used by drysuit divers - so assuming you have the proper fin size - they would both work. The Hollis just offer the option to adjust the spring straps one setting in case your boot type changes or oen setting doesn't fit quite right.

Actually three position adjustment. Move one side without the other to get the third position.

Sure - if you want to get technical :D

Back
Top Bottom