Dive Rite Canister Light source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi
I was originally thiking about a DIY canister light project. Then one one of the other threads, I read that the Dive Rite lights are can be rather reasonable (relatively).

Any comments on this choice as an inexpensive cansiter light?

I've never bought a Dive Rite product before. Where is a source for good pricing?

JAG

jagfish:
Yikes
Not as economical as I had originally thought. I thought I remembered someone saying they purchased a unit for 300 or 350. Maybe that was used...

JAG
I would say a can light that is $350 probably isn't too good. I'm sure its not HID and probably Halogen, gel cell battery, and big. I have the DR slimline with H-10 head, NIMH batteries, 4 hr burn time and I have to tell you that I absolutely love the thing! Yes, its pricey but its well worth it. If you were able to visit cave country (NFL) you could get a much better price than the $720 that Diveriteexpress has.

Robin Hood- It just so happens that I'll be in cave country in about two weeks. Could you be more specific as to where I might try looking for a deal an a good can light?

Scott

UI have the wreck 1 light , 10watt HID with the light head with the focusable beam. I think it cost about $540? I'm not sure cuz I was lucky enough to win a $500 dive rite gift certificate once and used that to get my light. I got the light thru the Dive Outpost down the road from Peacock Springs. Also check out Ginnie Springs and Bill Renneker's and Lloyd Bailey's. All of them sell them too.

Thanks for the info Wendy (and for the PM Robinhood). We'll have two full days in the area, and will try to hit them all if possible!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom