dive rite 905

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1MyWay

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Someone give me an EDUCATED opinion on a Dive Rite 905. I have narrowed it down to one of my final choices.

I see quite a few divers using them in the Florida. Yes, I know they're made in Florida but they are also quite sturdy. I have an O'Neil 7.5 mm neoprene and a White's rubber suit.

The 905 is a very well made suit. Two of my friends dive 905's and are very pleased with them. Make sure that you get the proper size as these suit do not strech at all as compared to a neoprene suit. If you have a question call Dive Rite.

What are your other choices? The 905 is a well-made suit. I'd have no trouble owning one. Jim is right on the fit - check the fit, then recheck it to amke sure you can reach everything like your valves.

I forgot to post an update when I actually bought my drysuit. I had decided on the Dive Rite Suit until I got down to the boot size. Apparently, Dive Rite does'nt make a boot larger than a 13 ( I guess everyone in Florida have small feet). When I added my Weezle Undergarments to the equation the boot was too small. I had several suits to choose from and finally decided on the Pinnacle Aquatics drysuit. I knew Pinnacle was new to the scuba market but the suit is first rate. It is a little heavier than the Dive Rite, but well made and rugged, so far I have no complaints. Pinnacle's had boot sizes up to 15, so size was not a problem. Didn't get the color I was hoping for (red) but can't complain about the suit.

I think it's a great suit. Unfortunately I couldnt find one used that fit my height as well as my shoe size. But when it comes down to it, I think they are a great suit, and cheaper in price than a DUI TSL350. I really like them and they come highly recommended from the Florida Cave Country. I would go with it....definitely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom