Dive restrictions off Fujairah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Due to a recent incident of "sabotage" off Fujairah a couple of weeks ago, the authorities have put restrictions on where dive boats can operate along a stretch of the east coast of UAE.

This is basically from the oil terminal in Fujairah northwards past the port of Khorfakkan (I'll upload a map later)

Not surprisingly our two main deep wrecks (Ines and Anita), which are in the area where many tankers park, are now out of bounds.

However other recreational sites affected include, Inchcape 2, Martini Rock, Martini Bay, Hole in the Wall, Anemone Gardens and Coral Gardens around Sharq Island.

While it may be good for some sites like Inchcape 2 to recover from over diving, it may put additional pressure on other sites further north.

I saw that. I wondered about Inch 10 and Deep Reef, while outside the zone - I wonder if people will be moved on because they're "quiet close"

Is the XR Tug okay? or AoB

Certainly going to impact the business of some centres too which is already precocious

This is the area that is now "out of bounds"

full

Typical parking area where within this lays the Ines (72m) and Anita (80m)

full

Is the XR Tug okay? or AoB

The Tug is still dive able as is Deep Reef since they are south of the main tanker parking area

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom