Dive report: Threetree 07.06.06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman98007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Arrive at the dive site at 18:45. Was going to dive with the guys from NWDive Club, but no one showed. Luckly the Marker Buoy's were there and let me tag along. Thanks Scott and the gang.

We splashed at 19:15 at the house with the antlers. Surf was 2-4 feet with the wind and made the swim to the drop point a lot of fun.... Dropped to about 60' and low and behold there were 3 rat fish there to greet us. :11: They were quite friendly and got quite close.... see photos. Vis was typical. At 80' vis was 10-15 with a lot of suspended stuff in the water. No surge or current was noted. Scott and I paired since we were the one with doubles and we headed north. A nice slow swim to the location were the wolf eels hang out, and on the way we noted a nice octo. :D Tried to get some photos, but they did not come out. :( The wolf eels were home and that was when we decided to turn the dive. Water temp was 56 degree and the swim was comfortable.

A slow acent and we headed back. Stopped by the boat and did not find much. Typical life for this time of year. Got a photo of the black tube worms. Sole was plentiful, but not in as abundance as noted in earlier dive. One small Aeolid was noted, but did not get a very good photo. Countined the and ascent and had a 2 min saftey stop at 20'.

All in all, a good dive. Max depth was 86' and total time was 56 min.

Here are the photos, not the best, but please enjoy.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/pm5FY8zD

Looks like fun. I would have joined you but was forced to work.
I have got to get back in the water with you.. Its been too long.

Nice stuff!

Something about that white cap coming at you just put me right there in the water.

Haven't been to 3 Tree yet but it's on me list.

Thanks Sasquatch....we will have to go diving there some time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom