Dive report Stuart Cove Dive Bahamas - May 22- 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bappelt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went diving with Stuart Cove's while I was on vacation in Nassau recently. Dives ranged in depth from 25 ft to 80 ft and dive times were 40 to 55 min. They tend to aim for about 40 min. per dive so I always had air to spare. Vis was consistently 40 - 50 ft and bottom temps were 81 F degrees.

The first dives were their shark adventure dives. The dives are within sight of their docks so it was a very short boat ride. Their were two boats doing the shark dives this day so we took turns doing the shark feed. Our first dive was the Ray of Hope which is a wreck dive very close to the shark feed site. This was a very nice wreck but we were limited in our dive time in order to stay on schedule so I ended up with only a 40 min dive. Next was the shark feed dive where you at about 35 ft in a circle with the shark feeder in the center. They drag the bait box around the circle so at some point you are surrounded by sharks. This was a really cool dive. I don't know if I'd do it again but I'm glad I did it at least once.

The next dives were a wall/reef dive (sliding anchor) and a wreck dive (The Willaurie). There were very dives but nothing special and again limited to about 40 min per dive.

The next dives were a wrecked DC3 and one of the James Bond wrecks. These dives were nice as it was only myself and one other person so we were able to dive our own dives and got about 50 min each dive. This was an afternoon dive and all the rest were morning dives.

The last dives I did was a wreck and a shallow reef dive. The wreck was a nice dive site and the second dive at southwest reef was one of the best dives I've had. The soft coral was spectacular and the marine life was vibrant. I would do this this site again in a heartbeat.

All in all, I enjoyed my dives during the week. The shark dive was a unique experience and being on a boat with just myself and one other person was also a treat. The shark dive boat and one of the morning dive boats was pretty crowded but it was not a big deal since you could go off with your buddy apart from the group if you didn't want to follow the dive leader.

Here's a few pics, I've put some more into the photo gallery

Attachments

• IMG_5160.jpg
    IMG_5160.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5152.jpg
    IMG_5152.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5115.jpg
    IMG_5115.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5126.jpg