Dive report & Photos from 5-16 Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I wanted to post up some photos and a short synopsis of three boat dives in Monterey this Sat 5-16-09. Back by popular demand --wide angle shots.

We did the morning charter and the night dive with Sanctuary Charters. Mike and Matt were great. I havent been out with them before, but I will surely go out again with them. I have posted some select images in this thread, but as always you can find the larger set of photos on my site here. I have split the three dives from today into separate pages. Thanks to Paula and Michelle for being great buddies as usual!

Dive #1. Depth 64 feet, temp 45 (brrrr). This site was called Castle House. Not much to see at the beginning, but as we got further toward shore we ran into some nice rock formations. Unfortunately I forgot to put fresh batteries into one of my strobes so I was single strobe shooting on this dive.

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

Dive #2-- The best of the day! After a 1 hour surface interval we headed to Inner Pinnacle. Dive time here ~50 min. We spent 30 min at ~75 feet depth then made our way up to ~35 feet where we swam through the 'woods' it was a good thing we did that because in mid water in the kelp forest we came upon what looked like a cathedral of kelp holding a kelpfish meeting. The surface was surge-y and it was difficult to get on the boat. I was wiped out after this dive.

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

Dive #3 Night dive @ Aumentos reef. Not much to see, and I came up the anchor line early thinking it was with someone from our group coming up alone, but it my dive team was below. Shoot. Thats what I get for trying to help. Next time no group diving and primary buddy protocols. Dive time 37 min max depth 50 ft.

IMG_3132.jpg

vis was better the further out we went. at castle house it was kinda milky but at inner pinnacle it was nearly crystal clear. no telling what tuesday has in store. the forcast looked like it was going to deteriorate over today and tomorrow, but you cant really tell for sure until someone goes out and gives a first hand account.

Back
Top Bottom