Dive report John D. Gill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barc802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I dove the Gill last week and the dive operation that I was with let me do it Solo.:eyebrow: They did stress the buddy rule but allowed me to dive solo the whole trip. I did not ask why they allowed it but I have my ideas, I was diving doubles that can be isolated along with a stage bottle (more a backup at 90fsw) I am also a PADI Dive master. I will not publicly give out the name of the operation b/c I do not want to burn any bridges, but they were one of the best I have ever dove with.

The Gill was a great dive the temp at the sand was 78f and 85f on the surface. The vis was 90' - 100'. I saw a couple of Sand tigers, a loggerhead turtle, nice size tuna and many other creatures. this was my first dive on the Gill and can't wait to get back to spend more time to look at some things in detail. I would also like to get back to the stern in the future.

I was woried that I would not enjoy my dive b/c i would have to babysit (buddy up with) someone that i did not know since I was diving w/o my usual partner. Thankfully that was not the case!

OffTheWall:
I dove the Gill last week and the dive operation that I was with let me do it Solo.:

Where is the "Gill"? Just curious, thanks. N

Nemrod:
OffTheWall:
I dove the Gill last week and the dive operation that I was with let me do it Solo.:

Where is the "Gill"? Just curious, thanks. N

N 33 52.350 W 77 29.010 to be exact.

Its about 25 miles out of Wilmington NC in 90-95ft of water. It is a tanker that was sunk by a U-boat in 1942.

Pat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom