Dive report from Cancun area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the words of support guys much needed this morning as the engine from the dive boat was pinched last night - oh well what it means is next week's batch of divers will have a brand spanking new motor, got a look at the positive!

CORRECTIONS
Cancun Mark - we have the C56 here, as Chris mentioned, not the C55 which is well known for its 'tough' current. The current can be tough sometimes at C56 too but we just don't take divers then.
FYI: C56 Puerto Morelos, C54 at Playa, C53 at Coz, C55/C58 Cancun. Now there's an idea maybe we should setup a wreck comparison dive package. Further south there is a shallow site where you can still find old glass from the 1740 wreck of a Spanish merchant vessel but I'm teasing you it's snorkel only and only accessible on really really calm days which are rare here. We do visit the museum on some of our cenote trips that houses some of its fascinating relics.

Note: You have to put the www in front of our address to make it work so...www.divepuertomorelos.com

see you soon

Cat,
Sorry to hear about the engine. Need me to come down and give you a hand with it? Maybe go test it with a dive or two? (or 3, or 4, or......)

Since I work on race cars for a living, I think I need to come down with Scott and make sure the new engine gets installed properly:)

I merged the duplicate posts of Chris' Trip Report. Sorry if the chronology causes any confusion.

catbrown:
Further south there is a shallow site where you can still find old glass from the 1740 wreck of a Spanish merchant vessel

hey, I knew a girl called Marike who found old trading beads from one of these wrecks near Tulum and would make jewelery out of them, Very cool.

Hi Cat, been home already 1 week :( 23 more to go until we're back! That is unless Scott and Chris need help fixing your engine. You can then take me over to the site where you can still find old glass from the 1740 wreck of a Spanish merchant vessel. A guy I used to work with only has one eye and the waitress from the local diner called because he left his glass eye on the counter and wanted him to come back and pick it up. I was hoping to find him a spare.

Glad you and your motley crew made it back home, teamheatwave, you set quite a pace! I am deeply touched by the selfless volunteering to assist with our engine from all of you, just knowing that you'd sacrifice your life where you are to submit to the horrid conditions here is mighty noble of you. In fact I'm so overwhelmed I might have to close the shop, grab a Corona and go sit on the beach with my feet in the water to meditate........bye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom