Dive Report: 24.May Monastery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today was a great day for Monastery! Jeff, Jessica, Katherine, Aaron, and I all just walked right into the water, no problems. After a short surface swim we dropped down and headed towards the point. The vis was better I heard from the morning dive that I couldn’t make since I wasn’t feeling well. I think something I had for dinner may have had dairy in it. :(

The dive was very nice. I was using my light again today and it was really lighting things up. We didn’t swim too far out, which made it nice for Aaron as he was taking video and pictures of the trip. Jeff spotted an eel and we all signaled for Aaron to come up and check it out. I was lighting it up for him to get some video of. It was pretty cool (after the dive we decided it was a wolf eel). Once hes got some time to get the pictures off the camera ill get some of them up in my gallery.

After the eel spotting we swam a bit more until we found this opening that was on the other side of some rocks. We swam over the rocks and were in a bit of a bowl. I spotted a abalone and then all of a sudden jeff was nuding me frantically again, and there was that eel again. Either he was following us, or he wasn’t happy that we were in his home. He was quite long too, red with spots and probably 4-5 feet in total length. After we swam around in that area for a while I was checking people’s air and Aaron was right around our turn back pressure so back we went.

The vis was odd, it would open up in some places, and then in others it would get much more murky. I think the tide coming in was helping open up the good spots, and just hadn’t cleared up the others. Once we got closer to the beach we were swimming in all the kelp particles again. Where does all that stuff go? Does it wash up on the sore eventually or what? Another successful dive.

DIVE #24: 33′ Depth for 00:39 minutes with 50F water temperatures. We had about 20-25′of vis. This dive was with EAN26.

I just wanted to say thanks to Brandon, Jeff, Jessica and Katherine for the great dive! I was starting to get cocky about my diving skills and now I see how much work I still have. I can not wait to go again.

Here is a link to the short video I shot while we were diving. Diving Videos

Here is a link to the megaupload copy of the video I shot while there. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Brandon...I think I saw you guys, I stopped there and snapped a few pics

MontereyMay08011.jpg

Kind of far away I know, but it looked like someone had on a black rental wetsuit.

I just wanted to say thanks to Brandon, Jeff, Jessica and Katherine for the great dive! I was starting to get cocky about my diving skills and now I see how much work I still have. I can not wait to go again.

Here is a link to the short video I shot while we were diving. Diving Videos

Here is a link to the megaupload copy of the video I shot while there. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Cool video.... I like the narration... It's like we were there with you guys...

great video and narration!

Cool video.... I like the narration... It's like we were there with you guys...

awesome video dude. That was one of my favorite dives. The conditions where perfect, no swell, and we saw a ton of cool stuff. It was great diving with you all, we should do it again soon.

Just awesome, felt like I was watching Discovery Planet; episode Monterey... :)

MG

Back
Top Bottom