Dive Report 2/20/2010 Point Lobos Grand Tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocWong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is a fun dive that I've been wanting to do for awhile. It required the sun, moon and stars to line up, well at least a good combination of equipment, buddies and conditions. This was to be a scootering grand tour of the countryside, so to speak.

We had a very nice dive going from Granite Wall to Mono Lobo Wall, then Thumbs Up, Wall Street and then over to Montana

So all in all what started as a so-so day for this dive turned out quite well. All of the previous scheduled stops and depths and timing had to be on schedule for us to get out to Montana to keep our deco obligation reasonable.

The sun, moon and stars did line up and we were pretty pleased. ;-)

Scooter trigger time: about 65 minutes
Dive Time: 112 minutes
Max depth 121 feet
Temp: 51 - 54 degrees F
Visibility: 20' to 70'
Round trip distance 6,100 feet

Full report here:
2/20/2010 Montana by Harry Wong - BAUE Forum

Dive well, Dive Safe

Harry (Doc) Wong
Welcome to Dr
Ships to Reefs: www.oceansfoundation.org
California Ships to Reefs, Inc. - Home
Join the Point Lobos Association: Point Lobos State Natural Reserve - Rules and Regulations

Sounds like a nice dive Harry.... but where's the video?! :D

Thanks Harry for the dive Report, I'm not going to ask for video cuz I know you're a little slow with your editing :wink:

Hee hee, yea, yea...I've got about 6 videos in the que to edit. The footage I got from this dive was so-so...but they WILL surface sometime. :)

Pacificgal, I still have some fun video of you being Supergal under water on your 100th dive! That was fun!

I know you do Doc. You just have to back me up on the cape thing though, MikeG said he wouldn't believe it till he saw it.
Doc, I still hope you can find the time to take me to Monastery. I'm ready.

Yeah, can't wait for the video! Sounds like an amazing dive!!

I know you do Doc. You just have to back me up on the cape thing though, MikeG said he wouldn't believe it till he saw it.
Doc, I still hope you can find the time to take me to Monastery. I'm ready.

Hey, I'll vouch for you for now until we have the evidence in hand. :D

Also, yea, I'm sure we'll get a chance to gently tackle Monastery this year!

I brought Iztok to Monastery Sunday just to take a look at it, spent some time reading the sign, picked up a handful of sand and showed him why it's different, he seemed to understand why we chose to do the barge instead.

Regarding the ramp, I was thinking more along the lines of using a wire brush on a pole.
Whoops, that post was supposed to be in the other thread referring to the slippery ramp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom