Dive recommendations - Seattle, mid Oct.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stargazer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the good luck to be visiting Seattle in mid-October for work, and could take a few mid-week days to dive - unfortunately not weekend. Would appreciate recommendations on dive operators within a few hours drive (including Anacortes area, for instance) who would be doing either boat or guided shore dives in the most interesting spots. I'm used to Northeast diving, so I know cold. Any suggestions ?

Bandito Charters are good. Captain Rick is very knowledgeable and very cool.

http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/

Just went with them to the Mariana Island Barges and Point Defiance North Wall this past Saturday. Both fun sites with lots to look at. :)

Woland

I'll second both of those recommendations. I've had excellent trips with both of these operators.

Well, if you can manage a late afternoon dive at Cove 2 (just across Elliott Bay from downtown Seattle), I betchya'd get to meet a few fellow ScubaBoardans ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - am following up.....looks like most of the boats don't do charters mid-week, though, so I might be looking for good shore diving then. Any advice on sites not to miss, and on what conditions to expect in mid-October will also be appreciated.

Bandito will go weekdays if they get enough people requesting a particular day / days. Call the number on the website and ask; they might have a weekday full enough.

Don will take a mid-week charter if he has 6 divers for a full boat. We went last time with only three divers and service was the same as if they had a full boat.

PacAdventures is a great operation.

Mike...

You could also contact one of the local dive clubs like Marker Buoy to see if they are running a charter while you're in the area. If you want to go north, I just dove with Island Dive in Friday Harbor and they ran the boat with a minimum of 2 divers on a thursday. Their add says they'll go anyday with a minimum of 2. I rented a buddy from them to go. We had a blast and I will go back any time.

Thanks for the info; looks like I'll have exactly one day to dive, Wed. Oct. 19, and I haven't found any charters scheduled for that day among all the operations I tried....if anyone knows of something, please let me know.....otherwise, any suggestions on dive ops that will run good shore dives from somewhere within an hour or two of Seattle would be appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom