Dive Planning with a Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

Do any dive computers allow surface interval to be input as a variable for planning subsequent dives? That is, I just finished a dive with a max depth of 90 ft for 40 minutes total dive time. How can I determine what my NDLs and depth options will be if I plan a subsequent dive in 1 hour or 2 hours or 3 hours?

AWAP -- good question and I, for one, have no clue how to answer your question. I'll also admit I've never really planned a dive using a PDC.

It seems to me, that when I've played with doing this, my Suunto just assumes that I'm diving "now" -- not some time in the future -- which is true for the Cobra. I just read the Vytec manual and it apparently lets one adjust both the SI and the Depth to get the information you want.

I'm looking forward to answers from people who actually know about this!

Thanks. The Sunnto Vytec seems to allow the variation of SI in the Simulator dive planning mode. Any others.

While I usually dive a computer, I find I have to revert to tables if I want to get some insight into the effects of future surface intervals. Granted, I don't have to do it very often as repetitive dives are dives I have done in the past (or quite conservative) so I already have some idea of what will be. But newer divers don't have this experience to fall back on.

I like your signature quote...that about sums up my feeling as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom