Dive Planning for Open Water Students, Puget Sound Edition, version 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently completed a major revision to my dive planning document that I use for my open water classes. It goes into some rather onerous details with exercises of determining how much gas one should have throughout a chosen course. This is not something I would expect divers to normally do. Think of it as training wheels, as when they are conducting their dive, they see that they are about the calculated/expected cylinder pressure, and hopefully relax and feed more confident.

@Esprise Me, here you go.

Attachments

• Dive Planning for Open Water StudentsV2.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 168
Have you published your DSMB book yet? I'd like to buy a copy even if it is a PDF. Let me know how I can buy a copy please.
Burhan,

I set that one aside as it was originally meant to be a start for the PADI DSMB course. It was a lot of work as I put it in Microsoft Publisher to not have a Word doc look and feel. Now I have to de-PADI-fy it. Some of the images I want to update as well. My writings are generally driven by the need of my students.

I recently completed a major revision to my dive planning document that I use for my open water classes. It goes into some rather onerous details with exercises of determining how much gas one should have throughout a chosen course. This is not something I would expect divers to normally do. Think of it as training wheels, as when they are conducting their dive, they see that they are about the calculated/expected cylinder pressure, and hopefully relax and feed more confident.

@Esprise Me, here you go.

A very nice document. Looks like it fills in a lot of gaps in the usual agency OW manuals whilst making it relevant to your regular dive sites.

A very nice document. Looks like it fills in a lot of gaps in the usual agency OW manuals whilst making it relevant to your regular dive sites.
Thanks Graeme. I have received some feedback on little mistakes. One point that was made that a better discussion on tides (as they are an issue in my area) would be helpful. If you or anyone else has ideas for improvements, my ears are open.

Burhan,

I set that one aside as it was originally meant to be a start for the PADI DSMB course. It was a lot of work as I put it in Microsoft Publisher to not have a Word doc look and feel. Now I have to de-PADI-fy it. Some of the images I want to update as well. My writings are generally driven by the need of my students.

PADI didn't go for it?

Let me know when it is ready, I would like to buy a copy.

PADI didn't go for it?

Let me know when it is ready, I would like to buy a copy.

I'll be posting some day, but don't hold your breath as it is on the back burner. I'm more focused on my skills demo videos, first for OW, then for other courses. Also I have a big project in Greece that I'm working on that is a huge amount of work, hopefully with the first expedition in 2020.

I'll be posting some day, but don't hold your breath as it is on the back burner. I'm more focused on my skills demo videos, first for OW, then for other courses. Also I have a big project in Greece that I'm working on that is a huge amount of work, hopefully with the first expedition in 2020.

I wish you lots of luck with your projects. I never hold my breath for anything except when free diving :)

I don’t free dive yet by I momentarily hold my breath after inflating my DSMB until I release it. :wink:
I wish you lots of luck with your projects. I never hold my breath for anything except when free diving :)

@wetb4igetinthewater Thanks for putting this together and making it available to the public. I found it to be a great supplement to my open water training and what I’ve been able to learn on my own since then.

Back
Top Bottom