Dive Pirates Adaptive Scuba program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the pleasure of meeting a large group, from throughout the state and outside the state, of Dive Pirates, the adaptive scuba program and what a cool group of divers they are.

They were heading to Cayman Brac for a dive trip with many of the adaptive divers and I can't express how impressed I was by their excitement to be diving the beautiful blue waters of Brac.

I pointed them in the direction of the Texas Swamp Divers since many of them are from Texas and invited them to participate in the many interesting and colorful discussions on the board.

I hope you all have an opportunity to meet and dive with these folks, they are a interesting bunch and will make great additions to the Swampers. If you are looking for a great way to share your experience and help new divers this is a program for you.

Check out their web site at Dive Pirate's Foundation || Bringing Adaptive Divers into the Mainstream Diving Community

Welcome to the Dive Pirates and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Robert Weiss
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

A friend of mine who is an instructor that I roomed with on a trip to Cozumel recently went on this trip. Part of his real business is building sip & puff wheelchairs(very hi-tech) for disabled people. His wife runs a large therapy practice for disabled kids. As such they are very interested in this stuff.

I have heard their presentations a couple of times. When they set 2010 dates I may go if it works out.

This has really caught my attention! Are there any dive shops in the Austin area who have an adaptive dive program? I would really like to get involved as a dive buddy. I can't think of a
more rewarding way to share a passion.

This has really caught my attention! Are there any dive shops in the Austin area who have an adaptive dive program? I would really like to get involved as a dive buddy. I can't think of a
more rewarding way to share a passion.

Duggan Diving in Universal City does this and Wounded Warriors I believe.

He frequently dives Lake Travis also.

Last edited:
It is very rewarding to be an adaptive scuba diver buddy and I recommend participating to any diver who wants to share their passion for diving and enrich the lives of the participating adaptive divers.

In Austin contact Tom's Dive and Swim (www.tomsscuba.com/) for the Eels on Wheels program, visit the Dive Pirates web site (www.divepirates.org/) for your area, or contact Duggan Diving (www.duggandiving.com/index.html) about Wounded Warriors. These programs rely on your assistance and contributions.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll be contacting Tom's today to get info...

Back
Top Bottom