Question Dive Ops in Moorea, Papeete & Raiatea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
living4experiences

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be on a transpacific cruise next April from Australia to Hawaii and we are stopping in Raiatea, Papeete, and Moorea. Never been to these islands and would like to dive. If you have any recommendations for dive operators, much appreciated. Thanks!

We are in the same situation, will be in Moorea on the Celebrity edge, any recommended Dive operators
I'm on the Celebrity Edge, too! Since that's the only itinerary for a TP cruise on the Edge in 2024, I think we're on the same cruise. April 14-May 1, Sydney to Honolulu?

I used Tahiti Dive Management for humpback whales in 2022. I can vouch for their staff and boats being good, but I did not do any diving with them. They operate out of Puna'auia, which is west of the airport: my guess is that cruise ships probably anchor or dock near downtown Papeete, which is east of the airport.

I used Eleuthera on Bora Bora but they have another shop which I think is either Moorea or Papeete. Owner is awesome. Organization is very professional and safe. I highly recommend them.

Hi living4experiences,

We did dive in Moorea and Raiatea. We went with Hemisphere Sub in Raiatea and they were good. Very happy with our dive. In Moorea we booked a private dive because of our timing. It wasn't cheap but we wanted to dive there so we bit the bullet. We used Scubapiti Moorea. Email with them wasn't top notch but they got the job done communicating with us. The diving was EXCELLENT - I really wanted to see Nemo in the French Polynesian and we got to see several in Moorea. It was really nice that it was just my husband, myself, the dive guide and skipper. We did not dive in Papeete because we had to fly home. We did the snorkeling with whales and were lucky to snorkel a couple of times with a mama humpback whale and her baby. It was awesome. Not thrilled with the operator though - very hard to find them when we got off the ship, etc... I don't think the humpback whales are there in April, so we probably don't need a recommendation for this excursion.

I hope this helps. We did all shore diving in Hawaii on our own.

Have fun!

cruzbound

I went with Moorea fun dives. Basic and reasonable price including gear. Crew spoke French and English. Ivy the DM guide was friendly.
Saw lots of turtles. Reef is in mediocre shape.
Nitrox not available. I paid 1000 XPF / $10 USD more per tank for Larger 15 liter steel tank. All the numbers are in metric so have to convert to imperial for non metric users. Dives were short, 40 min no matter how much air or bottom time left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom