Dive Ops in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that for divers without a lot of dives under their belts who want to do other things during their overnight surface intervals, and want a more "go with the flow" dive experience, you can do a lot worse than staying at one of the locations in West Bay that provide shore dives on site.

These would be Bonnie's Arch, Lighthouse Point, Coconut Bay, and Cobalt Coast. For Bonnie's Arch you would need to get tanks from Divers Supply, but the others all have tanks on site for shore diving. You are close to West Bay Dock which has many, many excellent dive ops going out of there (I have been out with Cayman University Divers and InDepth Watersports, both excellent ops). They will usually pick you up from your condo so the rest of the folks travelling with you can use your car while you are gone.

This tends to be far more cost-effective than staying directly on Seven Mile Beach, where you pay a premium for being beach-front. It allows you to have groceries in the place for breakfasts and lunches and you have plenty of options for dinners within easy reach.

Disclaimer: I own rental property in Coconut Bay

Great information, we enjoy shore diving GC! I just want to mention that most Cayman dive ops require buddy pairs, so if you are the only diver in your group then you may be better off going with boat dives, because they will pair you up with a buddy or you can stay with the divemaster. You usually have to find a buddy for shore dives.

Back
Top Bottom