Dive ops in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:question: We have a trip planned to Coz at xmas and have already arranged for 2 tank per day diving w/DWM would probably be back at hotel around noon or one. We would like to ck out other dive ops in Coz and want to know if there are any dive ops that offer afternoon dives that would pick up at hotel pier, staying at Brisas aka Magic Sunset sounds more like a ride at Six flags than a hotel name. Tanks!:shark:

While most of the diving is in the morning, afternoon dives can certainly be arranged. Cozumel Equalizers does some afternoon diving, I know, and just about any shop will pick you up at (the hotel formerly known as) Brisas.

Here's a web page that lists a lot of Coz dive shop's web pages, and they all do email:

http://www.cozumel-diving.net/

If you won't be getting back from your morning dives until noon-1, then an afternoon 2-tanker will be difficult to find as most of them go out at around 1. But you might check with Dive Paradise, the onsite dive op at your hotel--they have an afternoon one-tank that goes out between 2-3pm and you can always shore dive as well. DP also does afternoon 2-tankers but again, I believe they leave around 1pm, which would conflict with your morning dives.

You might also check with Papa Hogs--they have boats that go out morning and afternoon, although I'm not sure what time the afternoon boats leave. They will pick up at your hotel's pier.

Oh and Christi with Blue XTSea can arrange afternoon dives as well--I"m diving with her Thanksgiving week. She is very flexible in arranging dives and can accommodate various experience levels. She will pick up at Brisas' pier....oh excuse me, Magic Sunset's pier.

And I think "Magic Sunset" sounds more like a brothel or a "ride at 6 Flags", if you know what I mean *wink*....LOL

Go night diving, too! Night diving around Cozumel is an amazing experience, and most dive ops there offer them.

We do have a night dive w/DWM, and figured that most ops leave out about 1:00pm. I will try to contact ops from list to see if they have later departures than 1:00. I've heard good things about Christi's op just wasn't sure if she had afternoon dives. It's nice to have a bite to eat before you go out again. We are just trying to get as much diving in as poss for the short time we are there.:shark:

parrotheaddiver once bubbled...
We do have a night dive w/DWM, and figured that most ops leave out about 1:00pm. I will try to contact ops from list to see if they have later departures than 1:00. I've heard good things about Christi's op just wasn't sure if she had afternoon dives. It's nice to have a bite to eat before you go out again. We are just trying to get as much diving in as poss for the short time we are there.

One thing to consider is that in the late afternoon when the angle of the sun on the water gets low, most of the light reflects away and everything below the surface sort of grays out. It's not the best of conditions, irrespective of the clarity of the water.

We did an early morning two tank dive with them. They dropped us at our hotel at about 12:30 and came back for us at 3:00. That little break in the afternoon was mighty nice.

Why don't you see if you can dive with Christi one morning and then do your dive with DWM that day as an afternoon dive?

That's is what we did the last time was 2 tanks in the am and then went to lunch and dove 2 tanks in the pm, but according to his stateside op because of the economy you have to be a party of 4 to have that option. Stateside said his pm boats leave at 1:00 and arrangements have to be made there if they don't have 4 they don't go. :huh: It will probably be one of those, once you get down there things change, deals. Keeping all my options open thanks for the suggestion.:shark:

I dived with Aqua Safari in October, and they do shallow (40 foot or so) one-tank afternoon dives.

Back
Top Bottom