Dive ops handling wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Chilly. I agree on the swimsuits and rental shower floors. I take mine into the shower and was under the stream then hang to drip until I finish my shower then hang them to dry. Seems 3 suits are the standard. :D

And I am pretty sure Dettrol has isopropyl alcohol.

OMG!! what about the glue in our wet suits?!

I dump my suit in fresh water in the sink, usually with a little shampoo or liquid handsoap, eventually to be rinsed and hung to dry. There are generally 3 suits in my luggage..

I am a little confused. Are we still talking about wetsuits, or is it swimsuits?

A sink seems very small to wash a wetsuit.

And do I understand correctly that, if it is indeed wetsuits, that you travel with 3 of them? On a trip to one destination?

Dettol uses chloroxylenol

The chloroxylenol in Dettol is an antimicrobial disinfectant used to kill bacteria and to prevent infections on minor scrapes, cuts or burns. The substance is commonly found in antibacterial soaps, but it is also used to control bacteria, algae and fungi on industrial surfaces where clean facilities are needed. Some liquids that contain chloroxylenol must be diluted before application on the human body

Have used Dettol on my gear for years and I can see no apparent harm (except maybe it makes my wetsuit shrink, lol). Glue still feels fine and I have my original wetsuits, Bare 3 mm and its fine, along with my 6.5 mm Scubapro semi dry.

Mossman lives on...

On,
I am a little confused. Are we still talking about wetsuits, or is it swimsuits?

A sink seems very small to wash a wetsuit.

And do I understand correctly that, if it is indeed wetsuits, that you travel with 3 of them? On a trip to one destination?

3-5 Bathing suits for sink washing. Crew hopefully taking care of my gear, though upon return home, I give it all another special rinse!

Ok.... This can only be settled one way.. MYTH BUSTER'S.... We need to write the show with a link to this thread.... They will do the test....

Jim...

I sure do miss Mossman's old trip reports.
Sorry to disappoint but it's been a few years since I've been back to Coz. Trying to plan a trip soon even if it's a short one.

Sorry to disappoint but it's been a few years since I've been back to Coz. Trying to plan a trip soon even if it's a short one.
Good to see you posting again. We miss your trip reports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom