Dive Operators - Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jules_s13

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all...

I will be visiting Khao Lak for 5 days sometime next month. Would anyone be able to assist me in a few things?

1. Does anyone have a good dive operator to recommend at Khao Lak? I am interested in a day trip to the Similans and am looking for a friendly and an operator that emphasises safety.

2. Is the Similans safe for new Open Water Divers?

3. As I will be arriving at Phuket in the evening, does anyone know how much it costs to get a taxi to Khao Lak?

Feel free to reply any or all of the above queries. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Rgds,
julian

jules_s13:
Hi all...

I will be visiting Khao Lak for 5 days sometime next month. Would anyone be able to assist me in a few things?

1. Does anyone have a good dive operator to recommend at Khao Lak? I am interested in a day trip to the Similans and am looking for a friendly and an operator that emphasises safety.

2. Is the Similans safe for new Open Water Divers?

3. As I will be arriving at Phuket in the evening, does anyone know how much it costs to get a taxi to Khao Lak?

Feel free to reply any or all of the above queries. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Rgds,
julian

We are in Phuket and the dive centre we deal with most in Khao Lak is Coral Grand Divers. They run day trips and liveaboards and we have always found them very friendly and professional. Taxi to Khao Lak..not sure, I think about 1,000 Baht but there are also shared minibuses much cheaper.

Are you a new open water diver? Well look, the Similan Islands has some nice easy reef dives, but also some deep dives and sometimes quite strong currents. If I could make the law I would say anyone must be Advanced Open Water certified to dive there. I would really recommend doing your dives there as part of the Advanced course. I'm sure Coral Grand can do that. I think they are one of the few dive centres who really apply the law and don't let an Open Water diver below 18m unless they are doing a deep dive adventure dive or advanced course. That is good for safety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom