Dive Operators in Puerto Princesam Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russjstewart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I will be in Puerto Princesa in early February 2017 for a family wedding. Unfortunately my normal diving partner cannot get leave at that time, and no one in the family dives.

The wedding is in Puerto Princesa itself and time limits really stop me from doing anything longer than a day trip.

If anyone has had experience with the dive operators in and around Puerto Princesa, I would appreciate thoughts.

I am SSI deep qualified with 600 plus dives, but am not looking for anything too challenging

Thanks in advance for your time

I first dived there back in 1997 and there was ONLY one operator: Island Divers. Norman Songco and his wife know the place inside out.
As far as I can remember the diving is pretty ordinary by Philippines standard.

Hi Barangay,
Thanks for the info, anyone still in business after 20 years should be doing something right. I did get the impression that most people use Puerto Princesa as a jumping off point rather than a dive destination, but while I am there, it is worth trying

Cheers

If you have a day to spare and want to see something above water then a trip to the Underground River(the New 7 Wonders of Nature and UNESCO World Heritage Site) is highly recommended.

Last edited:
Thanks, my sister-in-law has already organised that trip, part of the reason , I am limited today trips, but it does sound good

Cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom