Dive Operators in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trt

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Cozumel in November and have decided on the Brisas Hotel (read a lot of good reports on this website about it). But I'm not sure what dive operator to go with, there are 4 of us and we're all fairly new divers with about 40 dives behind us, so we would like a dive operator that would really look out for us. Any recommendations please?

trt once bubbled...
I'm going to Cozumel in November and have decided on the Brisas Hotel (read a lot of good reports on this website about it). But I'm not sure what dive operator to go with, there are 4 of us and we're all fairly new divers with about 40 dives behind us, so we would like a dive operator that would really look out for us. Any recommendations please?

trt

There are endless threads regarding DO in Coz on this board. Do a search under Mexico for Dive Operatiors or Dive shops and you will find all you need to know. We all have our favorites in Coz.

Additionally, check out http://www.cozumel-diving.net/

Many of the dive operations have websites, and this page has links to many/most of them who do. You can email them directly with your questions.

I think a 6-pack boat would be perfect since you are a group of 4. You may get lucky and have the boat to yourselves. Papa Hogs gets consistent good reviews from newer divers.

for 10 dives (7/26-7/30) and had a terrific time. We had 41 dives under our belt - only 17 of those as ocean dives. After checking around, and getting quotes & info from a few ops, we went with Papa Hoggs. No regrets!! We asked lots up questions up front - so there were no surprises when we got there. We did the final confirmation by phone - so we got the payment info (if you pay cash or travelers checks upon check-in, you avoid the credit card upcharge) and any final questions answered then. We let them know about our concerns (we're certified AOW & Nitrox - but not many dives yet.) They match up divers by experience in the boats, so we started off nice & easy on Day 1. They always asked were we wanted to dive (we did hit every reef we had on our "want to go to" list) - although they did say no to a brand new diver that wanted to go to Punta Sur - an advanced dive. Our favorite DM - Carlos - was very good at keeping an eye on things, and making sure everyone was comfortable and okay. The boats are your basic 6-pack, small & fast - no frills -but no crowding either!!

All in all we had a terrific time with them - and plan to dive with them again in December, and hopefully next year as well.....

Make sure to post a trip report when you return!!!

Back
Top Bottom