Dive operator in Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Darnold9999 for the welcome. By the way I am well informed of all the pros and cons of all the dive operators on the island. I did not come to this forum with the intentions of giving any cons about the other dive operators. However, if that is your wish I believe Peter does not promote his operation cause he does not have a place to carry it out for some time now. He has recently been legally evicted out of Belize Yacht Club. Additionally, in reference to Stephen he needs to bank on Amigos del Mar to survive in the dive market since they just recently got a boat capable of even going offshore. Even so, I know they have gotten some good recommendations in their service. I will give all my knowledge of the other properties if this what you as a customer want. Despite of the fact, that I dont believe in bashing anyone.

Just made it back from Belize.We had a great time. We dove with Aqua Dives they were wonderful. The dive shop staff was at our service. You name it and they did it. We had the first day of wind and rain. It cleared and the dive shop made plans for us to still get in all of our dives. Truely you should try Aqua Dives.

Elle34
Way cool, we just got back from San Pedro ourselves. we must have passed on the reef!
My friends and family all dove with Ecologic Divers and had a fantastic time as you said all the dive masters were great and the best dive gear i have ever seen for rent. They even gave us hot towels after each dive. I would recommend them from my personal experience
The last of our group stayed behind to dive with Aqua dive and the blue hole today. I will give a complete report with pictures after we all talk.
sounds to me there are lots of good companies in Belize.

By the way i am new to this and do not have any afiliation with any dive center

Belizeit20

Way to take advice. You've got me convinced.

Peter does not promote his operation cause he does not have a place to carry it out for some time now. He has recently been legally evicted out of Belize Yacht Club

Point of information. Protech was ILLEGALLY evicted from the Yacht Club, for transparent financial reasons. This followed a sustained period of intimidation, threats and bullying. The matter is awaiting hearing before the Supreme Court.

Incidentally Belizeit20, your avatar declares you to be a travel agent, but your profile says you are a "vacation diver" with no website or contact details. Which is true?

In reply to Yakivet, I am a travel agent working with all such properties. I am new to this forum how fast do you expect me to answer every topic that comes about. Im not here to do any adversting on behalf of these properties, but simply doing exactly what Peter and Steve are doing in this forum. By the way why do you care so much are you affiliated with Protech and Ecologic divers or simply one of their faithful customers?

belizeit20-

In answer to your questions- I am a vacation diver with 3 trips and 48 Ambergris dives under my belt. I'm not afraid to sign my name at the bottom of my post. I am an avid follower of this board as well as the Ambergris Caye website. I dive with Protech, and prior to the startup of Ecologic did so with 2 of Ecologic's employees. I think these shops and many others both run honest operations in a competitive environment.

I do know that in the past, this board has been less than complimentary of AquaDive's operation. I hope that things have changed. I loved our stay at the Sunbreeze hotel. but chose to dive with Protech in 2005 due to the haphazzard attitudes exhibited at their diveshop during checkin. Protech has always taken extremely good care my wife and myself while diving in their service.

I DO question your motives. Again, it just seems a bit strange--- A travel agent with 1000+ dives, promoting ONE dive operation and their affiliated hotel, spreading rumors as to the cause of relocation of another dive shop. I am well aware of the continued antics of the BYC and Peters relocation, but your comments certainly are not those of someone trying to "ease" into things. Just the fact that you'd even mention Protech and the BYC in this post, without provocation, again suggests your motives are less than genuine. They are those of someone who wants to toot their own horn while dragging down their competition.

Despite your comments, you are NOT doing what Peter and Steve are doing on this forum. They let their patrons post on their experiences and answer questions for Scubaboard members that have them. No one on this forum wants a biased opinion. It takes a lot longer to build credability than to destroy it. You're doing a fantastic job of the latter :42:

I believe Peter does not promote his operation cause he does not have a place to carry it out for some time now. He has recently been legally evicted out of Belize Yacht Club. Additionally, in reference to Stephen he needs to bank on Amigos del Mar to survive in the dive market since they just recently got a boat capable of even going offshore.

Dear belizeit, and all
i understand you are new to this board and therefore we need to give you a little leeway. As for you comments about Protec and ecologic DIVERS, i would like to clear up a few points. First of all Peter left the BYC when he able to get a new and better location, without all the baggage from the yacht club. Not thrown off the dock. Secondly i did not understand you comment about ecologic needing Amigos Del Mar to survive. We use them and Aqua dive for our guests who want to do the Blue hole. I will say we use Amigos more than Aqua dives. Why just yesterday we sent 2 divers with AD.
i can assure you we don't need Amigos or AD to survive, We are very happy doing the type of diving with the high level of service we provide to our guests
Please don't say things if you don't have all the facts.
thanks

In answer to all said individuals in this section I want to make it clear that my motives are true to my objectives. I am not here to bash any dive operator. If you all can notice I was not well welcomed into this forum. I am completely outraged with the amount of unprofessional comments. Despite of this, I assure you I will refrain from providing any bad reports from any of the other properties so long as necessary. One other thing, I would like to make it known that I don’t provide any information that is a rumor or without complete taught. I know everything there is to know about most of the properties. In relation to the Protech case I know more than you all think if you would like I can even provide you with the Claim Form #, etc. In final my motives is to help provide accurate and helpful information to all viewers of this forum. I hope you all will allow me to do this. Thanks.

Anybody who follows this board knows who I am and who Steve is. I do not know who Belizeit20 is - I have asked him in a PM. He complains of "unprofessional" comments, whatever that means without any stated context, but his own comments have been provocative from the start.

I propose to ignore him until he says who he is and what his interest is here.

How about we all get together at Fido's and work it out over a couple of Belikin's :)

Back
Top Bottom