Dive operator in Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DelightedDiver

Registered
Reaction score
We have a group of six divers that will be going to Ambergris Caye at the end of May. Do you have suggestions for a diver operator on the island?

I dove 3 days & did a snorkle trip with the "diving impaired" in my group on the 4th day. I cannot say enough about the great staff at Amigos del Mar. Office staff, boat crew & DM's were all fantastic.

I found the DM's to be very knowlegable & attentive. Everyone was very safety oriented. As a relatively new diver they requested that I dive the local reef with them to gauge my ability before allowing me on more advanced dives.

The service on the boat was fantastic. At the dive site you walk to the stern & your gear is set up & waiting for you. When you finish the dive they take your gear & stow it for you. I was scolded for trying to handle my gear myself. After a day of diving they will take your gear off the boat, rinse it, store it and put it back on the boat for you the next day.

In my short time diving so far I have had the oportunity to dive Playa del Carmen, Puget Sound, Monterey Bay, Catalina Island and Lake Mead NRA as well as my Belize trip. The diving with Amigos del Mar is by far the best so far.

Can I go with you??????? :)

PS: If you like fish tacos you MUST try Monkey Bites.. MMMM!!!!

Steve,

Thanks! We are excited about the trip - -none of us has been to Belize beofre. I'll check out Amigos and def. try the tacos. :)

We have several dive centers all along Ambergris Caye. As a dive operator here i would of course recommend ourselves as well as Amigos del Mar. Just north of the cut there is White sands dive center also. You might want to Check out PADI at PADI. The Way The World Learns to Dive to see who is a certified dive center here. There are many instructors who have dive centers that are not certified with PADI. This just means they do not have to follow all the standards set forth by PADI ie. carrying insurance.. This is not saying they are not a good dive shop.
Have fun and dive safe

There are several excellent dive ops in San Pedro. My wife and I personally like Chuck & Robbie's (Chuck & Robbie's | Ambergris Caye Diving | Belize Scuba and PADI Instruction) for doing local dives. We used Amigos Del Mar for going on the Turneffe Elbow/Blue Hole day trips...very good outfit. For more info on Ambergris Caye/San Pedro check out Belize Vacations, Maps, Real Estate, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Tours I can't wait for our next trip to AC...we love it there.

I highly recommend that you try Aqua Dives Belize. Aqua Dives is one of Belize's largest dive operation. They have a full fleet of custom dive boats, including the largest 52ft. Dive Boat on the island. Their goal is to provide you with a proffesionalize service of supreme courtesy and compassion. They are well-equipped to cater to large dive groups.

I highly recommend that you try Aqua Dives Belize. Aqua Dives is one of Belize's largest dive operation. They have a full fleet of custom dive boats, including the largest 52ft. Dive Boat on the island. Their goal is to provide you with a proffesionalize service of supreme courtesy and compassion. They are well-equipped to cater to large dive groups.

belizeit20-
You have 5 posts since joining earlier today, All promoting the same opinion and "Highly Recommending trying Aqua Dives Belize". Are you affilliated with Aqua Dives or the Sunbreeze Hotel? If so, come out and say it. If not, how do you know they are so spectacular? What are your experiences?

We all know of Peter from Protech and Steve from Ecologic. Both post regularly in this forum and provide much more dialogue than only the suggestion that we try diving with their respective shops. You can't edify yourself. Good Reputations are slowly built over time while bad ones can develop over night. If Aqua Dives is wonderful, there will soon be many SB members posting to that effect. If you're here to do some advertising ..... then buy an ad. If you're here for diving dialogue and providing infomation on Ambergris and San Pedro, then Welcome.

In reply to Yakivet, I am a travel agent working with all such properties. I am new to this forum how fast do you expect me to answer every topic that comes about. Im not here to do any adversting on behalf of these properties, but simply doing exactly what Peter and Steve are doing in this forum. By the way why do you care so much are you affiliated with Protech and Ecologic divers or simply one of their faithful customers?

In reply to Yakivet, I am a travel agent working with all such properties. I am new to this forum how fast do you expect me to answer every topic that comes about. Im not here to do any adversting on behalf of these properties, but simply doing exactly what Peter and Steve are doing in this forum. By the way why do you care so much are you affiliated with Protech and Ecologic divers or simply one of their faithful customers?
I suspect he is having the same reaction that I had - which is "this person is here to blow his own horn". Which is annoying - I want real information not an ad for a specific shop. Both Peter and Stephen identify themselves as from a specific organization AND try to provide unbiased advice re Belize and diving. I have yet to see peter recommend his own shop as the best place to dive. Based on that, next time I am on Ambergrise I will give his operation a try, he, IMHO, has build a strong reputation on this board as someone who will give you the straight goods, and is not here only to promote his operation.

As a travel agent please identify yourself as such, and welcome. We all look forward to getting the benefit of your knowledge. However you might want to become more familair with all of the dive operators in the area so you can comment about their strengths and weaknesses rather than just recommend a single shop over and over.

Back
Top Bottom