Dive op recommendations in Khao Lak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomGoodacre

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are newly qualified OW divers and are now totally over excited :wink: (thank you to everyone on this board that offered advice on dive ops in Koh Tao especially to Phil_TK - you were right Dive Point were brilliant)....We are now in Khao Lak and are looking to do some diving around the area (the Similans will have to wait for a little while as the credit card is beginning to suffer). Can anyone recommend a good dive op here and also any good dive sites that don't cost a fortune to get to (18m max of course :-( ).

Thanks

Tom

I found Sea Dragon to be a very well run operation. Although I did not do any day trips with them the 3 day live-aboard was quite reasonably priced.
Have fun. You should not miss Similan diving.

i dove with sea dragon in December.Go with them: the 6 dm on board where all nice people.

Here's one more vote for Sea Dragon Dive Center. I was aboard their M/V Mariner liveaboard for 3 days of Similan diving in December. Friendly staff, small groups with very knownledgeable divemasters, excellent dive briefings, comfortable boat, GREAT food... I will definitely return!

http://www.seadragondivecenter.com/

Their 3 day/3 night trip is 14,800 Baht including food and full diving gear - this is one of the cheaper liveaboards but perhaps it is still out of your budget range.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun!

We are now in Khao Lak and are looking to do some diving around the area (the Similans will have to wait....
Well, from Khao Lak there IS only the Similan Islands. If you want to spend less, try just a day trip or overnight trip.

I did Richeliu on a day dive with IQ (last season). They were a very good outfit. Nearly lost my false teeth on the way out, a number of times, but was flat and calm on the way back and journey was a breeze. 2 hours each way. Check the waves first!!!

Back
Top Bottom