Dive Op near Sayulita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son is spending a couple of months in Sayulita (it's tough being young these days) starting in January and I though getting him certified would make a nice Christmas gift. I am not familiar with this area at all. Any help finding a good operator nearby would be most appreciated.

As for dive ops in Sayulita, there are none. Better off gettting him some time on a surf board (if he can get by the local attitude). Diving is okay in the Bay of Banderas. As to operations for training and certification, I can only recommend one...Boca Divers. Karla is top notch. I have been diving the bay for several years (as a tourist) and have used nearly every operation there. By far the best is Boca Divers

The only issue with thier operation (or any for that matter) is your son's location. He is out of the main population area (Vallarta) where all of the dive operations focus because of the tourist industry. And Karla's shop is 20 minutes bus ride south of Puerto Vallarta. Still, if you are set on it I would use no one else!

My take:

Vallarta Adventures: Shotty equipment, cattle boat mentality
Chicos Dive Shop - The oldes cattle boat shop in the bay
Pacific Scuba - Poor equipment, questionable saftey practices, fantastic staff
Twin Dophins - Good shop, but cater to the tourist mentality

Trust Karla with your sons life. I trusted her with my childres and would do it again! If you want a more personal recommendation, PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom