Dive Op In Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

george w

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to nassau in feb. Anybody know of a dive op in nassau that has open water dive with dolphins. I know there is one at grand bahamas but I wont be over there. I need one that is out of Nassau. Thank you

I dont know of one and i reckon i would if there was one. In about 450 dives the closest i've come to dolphins in their natural environment is approximately five times we'd spotted them of the power station coast on the western tip on New Providence. I think the same pod of two or three only and they vanish as soon as the boat nears them.
I wish you the best of luck in your search! i've resisted seeing these beautiful creatures in the pens at blue lagoon or Atlantis for my own environmental views!
If you get lucky and feel able to share a location that would be treated with the ultimate discression pm me. even if it's just to send pics and boast of the experience!
Wishing you the best of British luck.
Dan.

Will be in Nassau Bahamas in late FEB. Does anyone know of a dive op where they offer open water dives with dolphins going out of Nassau. Thanks

I've heard good things about Stuarts Cove but haven't dived with them yet. I plan to do their shark dive one of these days.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Three threads merged and moved to the Bahamas forum.

Of the two, I'd pick Stuart Cove's. I've seen dolphins in the same area as the other poster- near the powerplant on the south end of the island. There's a decent wreck dive there- if you watch Mythbusters, it's the one they did the night shark experiments on. The dolphins we saw did the same thing- came to the boat, and then blew outa there before we could get in the water. We were moored at the wreck at the time. Don't know of any dedicated dolphin encounters running out of Nassau- I assume the Grand Bahama operation you're referring to is UNEXSO? Maybe you could contact them and ask if they know of any others offering a similar service on other islands. Good luck.

Going to Nassau in June, hence, please post your comments and suggestions on dive operators there. We are intersted in a few wreck dives and also the blue hole.

Thanks
mtroadking

Back
Top Bottom