Dive Master (DM) course in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Princess Leah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka in January for 2 weeks and am looking into taking more time off afterwards to do my dive master course. I have started to do some research on different locations and dive shops in Asia, but am finding it a bit overwhelming with all the possibilities! I have done some diving in Mexico and Grand Cayman, and completed my advanced open water course last winter.

I wanted to know what people might suggest/recommend for the dive master course based on their diving experiences in Asia (good and bad!). I would love to dive in a location with a variety of sea life and dive sites. I'm not really into partying so would prefer more of a quiet and laid-back location that isn't focused or centred around the nightlife and party scene, but with the option to do so (eg. I hear Koh Tao is more of a party scene).

Thanks in advance for your help!
icosm14.gif

Check out Koh Lanta. It's on the west coast of Thailand, where the diving is generally considered to be better than the Gulf side. Last season there were lots of manta and whale shark sightings. It's a nice quiet relaxed island, but there's always a party somewhere too...

Check out Hidden Depths and Lanta Diver.

I think you have duplicated your post Princess Leah. I have replied to this question in the General Asia section already. Perhaps Mods can amalgamate & move to whichever section they deem most relevant?

I have done my DM course with Scuba Junkie in Mabul, Borneo, and then worked there for six months. I can fully recommend it, good education, a very eco-conscious resort, very well-run and the diving is fantastic. Not really a party scene there, but there's always people to meet in the bars.

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Sri Lanka in January for 2 weeks and am looking into taking more time off afterwards to do my dive master course. I have started to do some research on different locations and dive shops in Asia, but am finding it a bit overwhelming with all the possibilities! I have done some diving in Mexico and Grand Cayman, and completed my advanced open water course last winter.

I wanted to know what people might suggest/recommend for the dive master course based on their diving experiences in Asia (good and bad!). I would love to dive in a location with a variety of sea life and dive sites. I'm not really into partying so would prefer more of a quiet and laid-back location that isn't focused or centred around the nightlife and party scene, but with the option to do so (eg. I hear Koh Tao is more of a party scene).

Thanks in advance for your help!
icosm14.gif

Hi Princess Leah :)

Which countries are you interested in to complete your professional dive training?

Borneo is close to Thailand and visitors usually comment that it’s one of the most laidback places they’ve ever been!
Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures offers a high standard of quality dive training at our premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre on the paradise Gaya Island, which is less than a 10-minute speedboat ride to the Kota Kinabalu capital of Sabah.
Logistics of our dive operations are so attractively easy for our clients to enjoy the benefits of amazing scuba diving and the convenience of modern facilities too!

Dive Downbelow PADI 5 STAR IDC Centre on Gaya Island, TARP, Kota Kinabalu. Equipment & Facilities. | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

For professional dive training, the experienced members of our Go PRO team create professional internship programs that are a suggested duration of a minimum of 1-month to reap the benefits of experiencing the real dive lifestyle.

PADI IDC Go Pro Internships | Instructor Development Course IDC Malaysia, Asia

For the PADI Divemaster, one of our PADI Instructor Trainers will be your mentor to guide you become a qualified professional member of PADI. Our dive outfit is very popular, so there’s always real diving scenarios to experience when assisting a member of our island staff team of PADI Instructors to conduct a PADI course or program.
There’s plenty of perks we include in a GO PRO internship program, because to have a fulfilling career in dive education, a candidate needs every chance to have a great start!

PADI Divemaster | IDC Asia

Travel experts at our Head Office will arrange your itinerary to include accommodation, transfer logistics between your accommodation and our Dive Centre, and all park and jetty fees too.
UNLIMITED scuba diving is one of the most attractive benefits to Go PRO interns because we conduct 3 dives daily from our beach house within the Tunku Abdul Rahman marine park to visit its 49 dive sites!

We extend our level of customer service as far as we can to accommodate your needs to Go PRO, such as assistance with visa applications or renewals; you need only ask!

Most effective research of dive operations is to follow their daily news!

Back
Top Bottom