Dive Master Class in Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I read in Outside Mag about a Caribbean island where I could get a PADI Dive Master certificate in about a week for not a lot of money. I cleverly lost the article.

I've got Advanced Open Water now, and some time on my hands in December. It wasn't Honduras, Belize, Yucatan Peninsula. Little Cayman?

Anyone got clues or specifics?

Thans...

FearFactor:
I read in Outside Mag about a Caribbean island where I could get a PADI Dive Master certificate in about a week for not a lot of money. I cleverly lost the article.

I've got Advanced Open Water now, and some time on my hands in December. It wasn't Honduras, Belize, Yucatan Peninsula. Little Cayman?

Thans...

If you have all the pre-requisites.... Rescue Diver and First Aid/CPR certs, if you have pre-studied the books and have done all the quiz materials, if you have read and understand the "Encyclopedia of Diving", if you have some serious real world dive experience and high observational skills, and if you are willing to completely dedicate a week in paradise to this effort ... you may have a shot.

Have the above requirements well in hand, having no doubt, then feel free to present yourself to any dive training facility and ask them to consider your advance preparation and what they will charge. Then add in food and lodging.

Take that price and divide by your shoe size. This is roughly your yearly income that this D.M. cert will produce :eyebrow:

It's worth it just to acheive it. Might want to check out Utila.

FearFactor:

Thans...
Clue yes, you generally get what you put in so beware of cheap classes and no effort from you it may not be in your best interests if its that easy why bother.
If you want the badge only go to ebay the have them and you don't have to go to the Caribbean

a cheap DM class in a week?

be careful fearfactor, you generally get what you pay for. If you are interested in professional development, PM me an Email address and I can send you some good info and advice.

I know we have talked before a little about this topic, so it is obviously something that you have been thinking about for a while. Dont go for cheap, low quality professional level education. It is not worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom