dive manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabudie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been trying to use dm4 on my widows 8 pc. I can not get it to recognize my cobra dive computer. Do you have any suggestions? Also, will there be a DM5 soon?

If you are using one of the third party USB cables that may be the problem. DM4 does not work with a lot of the older non-Suunto cables.
i bought a new cable, wasted money, to be able to use DM4 and I, and many otheres, found out it is a major POS. I think I used it twice and found that there are several logging programs that are more functional, Divelog, MacDive, Subsurface.
Subsurface Is a freeware cross platform logging program that a lot of people have found to work well for them, getting the interface to connect to the dive computer can be a little interesting.

Subsurface is a freeware cross platform logging program that a lot of people have found to work well for them, getting the interface to connect to the dive computer can be a little interesting.
Agree completly
I will use it instead of Suunto DM3 and jDivelog (no more updated)

Zoop, Suuntro usb cable, DM4 and my Windows 8 x64 laptop work fine for me. However; quickly used subsurface

Scubabudie,

When trying to download, are you putting the Cobra in TR-PC mode?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Scubabudie,

When trying to download, are you putting the Cobra in TR-PC mode?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Yes I have used previous versions. It looks like I will be using a 3rd party app. I have read of many problems with DM4. Will there be an update soon?

Just converted my dive logs to Subsurface (it is a great freeware program). It downloads from my Zoop just fine on my old XP laptop. Of course Subsurface is Linux based, but works fine with the window version.

Now I needed to get it working on my Linux Mint or Ubuntu versions for comparisons. :dork2:

I always dive with 2 dive computers. Suunto & Oceanic - I'm not crazy about the Oceanic Software, but it works every time. I like the way the Suunto looks - but .....

VYTEC - XP & Windows 7 -

I used DM3 and it worked fine with the VYTEC.

Then Suunto automatically "upgraded" me to DM4 and it took about 5 different tries to get it to download new dives.
---- I spent hours on emails and phone calls to Suunto tec support - they kept telling me to reload DM4 (reminded me of the old Microsoft, "reload windows...reload windows...reload windows..." They could not help me, nor would they allow me to downgrade to their better functioning (for me) DM3 software.

Yesterday Suunto automatically "upgraded" me to DM5 and not only could I not download my new dives, but I couldn't even get the program to work.
---- It took me 5 hours to use "Restore" DM4 and get most of my older dives reloaded ---- I put notes on my computer to only use DM4 with the internet turned off.

If Suunto had of asked me, I would have told them NO!!!! to the "upgrade".

I will NEVER BUY SUUNTO AGAIN !!!! NEVER !!!!! Which is too bad because I love their computers.

I always dive with 2 dive computers. Suunto & Oceanic - I'm not crazy about the Oceanic Software, but it works every time. I like the way the Suunto looks - but .....

VYTEC - XP & Windows 7 -

I used DM3 and it worked fine with the VYTEC.

Then Suunto automatically "upgraded" me to DM4 and it took about 5 different tries to get it to download new dives.
---- I spent hours on emails and phone calls to Suunto tec support - they kept telling me to reload DM4 (reminded me of the old Microsoft, "reload windows...reload windows...reload windows..." They could not help me, nor would they allow me to downgrade to their better functioning (for me) DM3 software.

Yesterday Suunto automatically "upgraded" me to DM5 and not only could I not download my new dives, but I couldn't even get the program to work.
---- It took me 5 hours to use "Restore" DM4 and get most of my older dives reloaded ---- I put notes on my computer to only use DM4 with the internet turned off.

If Suunto had of asked me, I would have told them NO!!!! to the "upgrade".

I will NEVER BUY SUUNTO AGAIN !!!! NEVER !!!!! Which is too bad because I love their computers.

Why do you dive with 2 different algorithms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom