Dive Log software options for Shearwater Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winedog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just got a Shearwater Perdix AI and I'm trying to figure out what all the options are for dive logging software?

Previously, all of my dives are inside of Datatrak for my old Aladin Pro. It seems DiveLog for iOS is quite popular and it now seems that Shearwater has a cloud software with iOS support?

Are there any other options I should be considering? Ability to sync my Perdix direct to my iPhone or Android strikes me as a real bonus.

Subsurface is what I use. Sync to phone and cloud. It is also available on desktop. I like the GPS feature of subsurface mobile too.
+1 on Subsurface

Does anyone know if the Perdix is compatible with MacDive? That is the desktop software I have been using for years.

Does anyone know if the Perdix is compatible with MacDive? That is the desktop software I have been using for years.

While I cannot specifically confirm being able to use the Perdix with Macdive, I can say that it works perfectly with the Petrel. I have the v1 Petrel and have been using it with Mac dive for several years.

If you are a Mac user, I'd suggest checking out Macdive. You should be able to easily import your old data into the system and it communicates directly with most modern dive computers. Macdive also has a great iOS companion app that allows you to store your dive database on iCloud and keep the mobile and desktop versions in sync.

Last edited:
Mac-Dive is nice and the support may rival Shearwater's. I was trading emails with Nick from Mac-Dive at a rate that seemed like we were using I'M. My Petrel 2 downloads directly to my iPhone or the Desktop App, and the mobile and desktop apps sync as well.

The Divelog folks will convert your Smarttrak log so it works with Divelog or Mac-dive so you don't lose that data. Hopefully they chime in on this.

Yes, it is. Works great. But only shows one transmitter. Negative if you do SM.

Back
Top Bottom