Dive locales in Yucatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemertes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Scubaboarders,

I will be down in the Yucatan July 22-Aug 6. We were thinking of doing a mix of Tulum cenote diving, Cozumel, and 5 days are booked already in Holbox to hopefully snorkel with the whaliesharkies at the end of our stay. I just posted from advice on Cozumel on the Coz board, but I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for dive ops in Tulum, and if Playa Del Carmen and if Isla de las Mujeres are worth the detour - not on the plan for now but things can change. How much time would you suggest in Tulum and PDC?

Muchisimas gracias,

Nemertes in Canada

Isla is good diving south of the island, reasonable if you catch the dive ops on the island, a shallow dive, without even rash guard comfortable. however Manta in Cancun is the class outfit for that area( in my opinion) and will dive in the area....but snorklers are every where, still has lotsa critters and is a protected area....Also has a couple wrecks if your into wreck diving.... cenote dives can be contracted out of PDC, which is clean and like Mexico "Disneyland", the off shore dives are good for both tormentos and tortugas, as well as they will take you to the Coz sites if you want....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom