Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

which intova lights would you recommend?

Intova Nova Wide Angle 4.7W Light [novawa] - $54.99 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

If you look at the light section, you can also get the 3W which is pretty good too. Or you can get the light with the light sock:

Intova Nova 3W light with Oxycheq Light Sock [fintovasock] - $60.00 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

Oxycheq, although they make fantastic wings, does not (in my opinion) make a superior light to the intova, just more expensive and more nic nacs.

When you get the intova, which you definitely should, make sure you unscrew the screw where the lanyard or clip attaches and put some locktite in there. That way, you won't lose your light!

When you get the intova, which you definitely should, make sure you unscrew the screw where the lanyard or clip attaches and put some locktite in there. That way, you won't lose your light!

Sounds like someone has lost a light before!

And thank you!

Are those primary or back up lights?

I just got the Dorcy light yesterday and have not yet tried it underwater, but it looks great and is very bright. It uses a mirror and has a tight spot but with plenty of spill light. Much brighter than my Ikelite PCm LED.

While the 6 AAA batteries are a pain, it's still better than the CR123 batteries of the Intova. I use NiMH batteries in my Dorcy and it works fine. As far as I know there is no way to substitute rechargeable batteries for the CR123.

Adam

I ordered the Dorcy, and after I try it out next week I might buy another one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom