Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedFireCobra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all, I am looking to get into night diving off the coast of south florida and was wondering what lights to use as a primary, backup, and if you guys use a tank light or some sort of strobe attached back there? Any help would be great!

If you don't mind 6 AAA batteries, the bargain seems to be the Dorcy light. I no longer see it on Amazon, but I'm sure it's still on Piranha web site.

Adam

You can get 2 intova lights for less than $100. Very fantastic lights, I use them as backups for cave diving and primary lights when shore diving in sfl. Definitely use a chemical light or strobe on tank valve and flag. For the intova's, you can get a goodman handle or light sock to make it relatively hands free. Switch hands when lobstering or just clip it off...

I went on a night dive the other day and accidentally left my good light at home so I picked up a Princeton Tec Shockwave mini LED for ~$70 on a whim (it was what they had). I was surprised to find that it was a very serviceable light. And although we spotted lots of lobster on the dive, it's illegal to take them after dark (d'oh!).

PT also has a 400 lumen LED lamp thats in ~$100 on LP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom