Dive Light Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can never have enough toys I carry a princeton tec surge for daytime nooks and crannies for lobstering. For night dives I picked up a pelican nemo which is a good compact simple light and small enough to fit in my bc pocket as a backup, also built a halogen cannister light which is a great light and I can change lamps to suit conditions, very inexpensive to build spent about 85.00 for parts and about 3 hours of time. Last but not least I found a great deal on ebay for a nocturnal SL50 nib, just got it 2 weeks ago and dove it last weekend This light rocks!!!! fairly light and compact, rechargeable,lamps are cheap and can be changed easily. Would pay retail to get another one if I had to. The choices are almost endless try a few if possible and buy what you can afford, but be warned diving is an addiction and you will soon see more is better.

KingViper:
Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a dive light but not sure what is a good choice. I dive alot of Freshwater, mainly quarries where the viz is limited to 8 feet sometimes. Got any suggestions? Larry? are you out there?

Bryan

Hey King Viper,

Visit www.mantaindustries.com and look at Green Force and all the options you have, halogen, LED and HID. Green Force is a completely modular system, one that NEVER becomes obsolete. As the technology advances, you simply add on. You can go from a hand held halogen to HID or LED, add an umbilical to make a canister light and then back to a hand held light. All systems can be used for video too.

Our prices vary depending on the system, but you can get into HID under $450 for a complete rechargeable system.

We will offer 10% off the purchase price if go thru one of our authorized dealers, call for details..

Good luck - Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom