Dive Jobs in Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crowny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am hoping to move down there in a few months, and wondering if anyone in Puerto Rico could help me with diving recomendations or how the job system works down there. I am in California now, and working towards Instructor certification. Any advice on puerto rico woud be greatly appreciated. PM or leave message here.

thanks!

There are plenty of posts in the forum about diving in Puerto Rico. The main spots on the main island are Fajardo to Humacao on the east, Ponce-Guanica-La Parguera on the South, Rincon on the West (with Desecheo Island) and then Crashboat near Aguadilla on the north west. There is also diving on Vieques and Culebra, two islands belonging to Puerto Rico off the eastern coast. Can you say more of what type of position you are looking for? Generally speaking, being bilingual is helpful. Also, it might be good if you had a second line of work to help you earn extra money as the minimum wage in Puerto Rico is lower. The cost of living can actually be higher in some cases because all goods are shipped in. I have been to Puerto Rico several times and love the island. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom