Dive gear storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My garage is so full of crap, I came up with this compact "scuba shrine" during my last shelving project.

Everything fits here except for the tanks.

Tubs and buckets do triple duty, catching drips here, during transportation to keep my car dry, and when rinsing gear in my driveway.

upload_2020-5-28_17-45-58.png

I can never have too many hooks for hanging gear, and they're easy to twist into the wood wherever I can fit them.

upload_2020-5-28_17-46-28.png

With this bad boy aimed at the shrine, my wet suit is always dry.

upload_2020-5-28_17-46-52.png

I built bases for two 4x4s and drilled a hole in them where I put a pole (from an old roof snow rake). Can be as long or as short as I need. Easily deconstructs and moves to the basement come wintertime. Lots of hooks. I painted/sprayed it with rubber coating. Works great!

Rackgear.png Rackgear2.png

DIY Travel Drying Rack. $49.28. 1 inch PVC fits the large hangers. Saves the tub in the hotel room. Took just over an hour with the handy dandy Dremel tool and reinforced cutting disc.

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 294
No pictures to add just a comment on using shop vacs.

When my dry suit was overripe I gave it a good soaking and cleaning and to dry it I put the shop vac hose into each boot and let it blow into it for 24 hours, Dried it like a charm.

If I was to make a drying rack like those pictured I definitely would either just leave the end caps off the boot holders or drill lots of holes into the pipe and then put the vac blower hose directly to the PVC. I am sure with a few fittings and some duct tape you can make a good solid connection for a dedicated drying hose.

Thinking about it i would just leave the caps off, that way if I was only drying one pair boots, I could put the caps on the ends not in use and force more air through the wet boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom