Dive Fajardo/Puerto Rico (Casa Del Mar)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joyceschur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Chicago (but also NY and the Middle East)
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm new to ScubaBoard and just got back from a stay in Fajardo, El Conquistador Resort/Casa Del Mar Dive Shop. I'm a divemaster with 6 years experience (primarily the Red Sea and various Carribean locations). This was my first time in Puerto Rico and I wasn't expecting much regarding the diving based on research and other reviews. It's true, the diving out of Fajardo isn't always as impressive as other spots in the Carribean (lower visibility, mini walls around 50-60', smaller fish), still the reefs are in excellent condition and the currents aren't that strong, so it's perfect for micro diving. I highly recommend the Casa Del Mar Dive Shop, their service was superb (never cancelled a dive for lack of the requisite minimum, always on time, great staff, high quality rental gear, clean boat that was never overcrowded, they supply the towels, fresh fruit, fantastic peach-mango salsa, variety of drinks on board and complimentary beer after the last dive; they offer a 2-tank morning dive and a 1-tank afternoon dive). There are humpback whales in the area, so that was quite a thrill! We spotted several and even if you don't see them, you often hear them singing. The dives I did off Culebra were spectacular (Casa Del Mar usually goes to Culebra on Friday and takes snorkelers along, it's a full day trip 9-5).

Two other activities you should consider while in the area: El Yunque Rain Forest and the BioBay kayak tour (there are only 5 bioluminescent bays in the world that glow all year round and one of the brightest is within a 10 minute walking distance of the El Con Hotel - I used Pure Adventures and highly recommend them).

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I am an agent with CheapCaribbean.com, and I send clients to that resort all the time. It really is a great place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom