Dive container for car keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently their new one will be 70mm ID instead of 42mm; So you might be OK.
Well my drivers license is 3 3/8" x 2 1/8" so I thought by curling it, it might just slip in there.... I did simply check the specs :wink:

Yes, they won't bend that much. Of course Drivers license / credit card could get wet so even a mesh bag could work for these if you must bring them along and you have the smaller DRYFOB :).

Reactions: mbs
@Jaan

Given the design and production similarity, have you considered a larger version for PLBs?
Thank you Akimbo, in fact yes, with a lot of enthusiastic input from Scubaboard, we have already ordered the 70mm x 122mm inside cavity version which (if my calculations are correct) should support the majority of PLBs including PLB Rescue Me, McMudro PLB Fast Find, ACR ResQLink, ACR PLB 375, Micro PLB. I think the older (no longer made) Aqualink is too long and some of the others have cases already. Hope that this can work for you too (or I may be sitting on a lot of spare canisters :wink: I'll put you on our waiting/notification list and I'll let you know when they are in via direct message here on Scubaboard. Planning end - May.

1649709917712.png

Here is an amazing solution now available 2022. See the details here Cheers #SeattleRingHunter
That's a great video jmorgan007. Thank you so much for making and sharing it :)

The 70mm x 122mm inside cavity version which (if my calculations are correct) should support the majority of PLBs including PLB Rescue Me, McMudro PLB Fast Find, ACR ResQLink, ACR PLB 375, Micro PLB. I think the older (no longer made) Aqualink is too long and some of the others have cases already.
Just an update that the two new sizes of DRYFOB are in. There is a 70mm x 122mm PLB version as well as a V2 version for car keys that is 46mm x 100mm (fits Jeep 4 button, and new Volvo, Subaru, Buick larger FOBs). Sorry for the shameless promotion but I know some were looking and asking about the larger versions so I was just checking the threads to announce they are out at https://www.dryfob.com All DRYFOBs are now IPx8 rated to 100m(330ft). I've asked our chairman for a manufacturer forum for posting more info and any Q&A, hopefully will have that setup soon.

May I suggest a containerless solution?
Pick your favorite brand, but you get the idea.
- I've used this to carry both car keys and a smartphone (the latter unintended)...

010497_cordurafz_L1.png

May I suggest a containerless solution?
Pick your favorite brand, but you get the idea.

View attachment 729364
I wouldn't trust an electronic key fob in my drysuit. While leaks are not common, just one is a bad (expensive) day. And I suspect a drysuit leak is far more likely than the other solutions here.

..asking about the larger versions ..
I'm screen saving this post for the future purchase. That's a very good price.
Although I currently need a depth of 6 inches for my VHF Standard Horizon HX-411 radio that I can hit 4 miles with, that canister is pretty close to workable. I'm using the discontinued McMurdo double o-ring canister now and no issues, but you never know if it ever goes missing and I need a replacement. Thank you for the product information !!

Back
Top Bottom