dive computer with integrated compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered a Vyper Air, and will see how good the compass is in that. My buddy is ordering the Atomic Cobalt as soon as it comes out. He demo'd one in Mexico a couple of months ago, and said it had the best compass he's ever used.

I have the Zeagle N2ition 3. This has a compass on it and it is very inexpensive only 300+$ from leisure pro

The best I have found is the Sol/Luna. Full tilt, large display, and return direction button. Also, nice bright backlight. The other features are excellent as well. Only drawback is price but you get one heck of a bang for your buck.

Dive Rite Nitek Trio has a compass built on the display. Also won't break the bank $400 at dive gear express. Not bad for a 3 mix deco computer. :) Also right now comes free with DSS bungee mount.

How would you know?
Have you tried using either the Galileo Sol or Luna?
In looking at your website, I see that you don't sell Scuba Pro....

I have the Sol, the compass always brings me back to the anchor line. In fact my buddies call it the magic compass......

Jim,

I have not used any Uwatec digital compasses and therefore did not even mention them. It was not my intention to bash or preach, simply to give my opinion of models I have actually had experience with. I don't appreciate your attack.

MC,

In reality, I don't use a compass much outside of teaching. As I don't dive in straight lines or carry a course plotter, I rely on natural navigation, experience, judgment much more than any peice of equipment. As I said before try as many as you can before buying.

I have both a vyper2 and a vyper air. on the vyper2 the compass is totally worthless. on the vyper air, it is a little better, but I wouldn't trust any serious navigation with it. If i need a compass, i use my trusty suunto sk5

With the D9, the jumpy compass did improve after I calibrated it.

With the Icon HD, I haven't calibrated it, so will do that and see if it smooths out.

Oceanic OC1

Another vote for the Uwatec Sol/Luna here. Extremely easy to use, smooth, and accurate. You can set it up in the settings screen to stay visible until you intentionally hide it, or you can set it to automatically revert to your previous screen after a specified amount of time. Also, there is still a sufficient amount of dive data displayed while in compass mode, but that data does not obstruct compass use. I love it, and my 14-year old son thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. :D

Jim,

I have not used any Uwatec digital compasses and therefore did not even mention them. It was not my intention to bash or preach, simply to give my opinion of models I have actually had experience with. I don't appreciate your attack.

MC,

A little touchy?
No attack intended...
:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom